Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

Article about: Ah...it seems it's "relic-day" day for me... One more question: Can you guys confirm for a fact, that these are "NSU Kettenkrad HK 101 SdKfz 2" wheels? Or maybe another S

?

I found a pair of these in Austria in the summer, hanging on a barn. One looks like a welded hub for a cart or similar, but has good rubber.

Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

Thumbs up

For once, a genuine barn find !

?

And you should see all the other stuff he has! Helmets, gas cans etc and a very nice BMW motorcycle/sidecar - all sourced locally after the war. The Germans fought through the area on their retreat from Yugoslavia.

Default Sd.Kfz.251 or 11 Wheel

Hi Guys

Have finally managed to get an inner single wheel with the spacer still attached.

Rusty with no sign of any original paint and a piece of rubber missing from the tyre other than that OK. Will have to wait until the new year before I do any work on it.

Regards

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

?

cool - I saw something like this on german-ebay just recently...
    I'd scrub it a bit with wet fine (water-proof) sandpaper, you might find some paint!

oh...btw., you guys remember that single wheel I got recently, which was part of a 2-wheel cart? well, I just got the other side as well

it was a bit cheaper than the other one, 55 EU - and thinking about getting this WW2 T-34 link as well that he's selling for very cheap 18 EU - see all the pics.

I also checked very closely with big spot-light these cart wheels - it's actually white camo paint on top of tan! I'll try to show some pics soon...

pics:

the other side of the cart, wheel with white camo:
    Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

T-34 link ( after a good scrub, could be a nice table deco ) - I'm still just thinking about getting it...

As always, will update later...

Hi Fabe

That is where I bought it from, 80 Euro and the only bidder.

I am planning on restoring the wheel and spacer and attaching one of my outer wheels when restored.

Lightbulb

I'd definitely grab that T-34 link if I were you, Fabe !

Default Sd.Kfz. 251 or 11 Wheels

I was having a tidy up in the garage this afternoon and just had to put a couple of wheels together.

The inner one with spacer I got a few weeks ago and the outer at War & Peace back in July, I think they look very nice.

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

?

very nice!

ah, and my other "white camo" single wheel arrived today - 'will take pics tomorrow...
    I'll take a couple of close-up shots - where you can see the red primer/tan under the sprayed white paint...over the years, the white paint attained a slight "pinkish/tan" tint...here is a quick shot, side by side (these 2 wheels were part of a 2wheeled cart I've shown earlier in this thread) - and I think safe to say, that both belonged to the same vehicle...

Happy New Year!
    Fabe

the one on the right side is the one that arrived today:

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast