Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

Article about: Ah...it seems it's "relic-day" day for me... One more question: Can you guys confirm for a fact, that these are "NSU Kettenkrad HK 101 SdKfz 2" wheels? Or maybe another S

Quote by Granatwerfer View Post
    The maker is qmj which I do not know. If anyone does please let me know.
    Maker gmj is Apparatebau Gesellschaft Neumann & Borm K.G., Berlin W 35.

Thanks for your help

Put these together this afternoon after taking the old bearing out of my new wheel with spacer.

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

?

very cool - so sad that only the wheels survived the war (at least here in eastern-europe) - most other parts were scrapped...

Made a start on restoring some wheel hub caps, and of the 11 I have I have only just found markings on 1 that I started working on today.

Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

It shows the part No. G1635 and the vehicle type HKL6, which means it is for an Sd.Kfz.11. It also has a Waffenampt Eagle, but the maker code has been destroyed by the grease nipple hole.

A little update on the 3 ton double wheels.

A friend at work finally managed to arrange time to weld the two halves together, if I do say so myself he did a very nice job, see pictures.

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

Have also made a start on fitting the rivets, so far fitted three all cold hammered, a lot of noise, ear protectors were used. Hope over the next 3 or 4 weeks to get the rest finished.

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

?

A labor of love to be sure.

Well the weather has been dry, mild and sunny in this part of England the last couple of days, so decided to finish riveting the double wheel back together. Looks very nice in red oxide primer.

The pictures show the finished rivets front and rear, and also with a hub cap for the SdKfz 11 and 251.

Hope you like the end result, I think it has come out very well. Will give it a coat of sand paint in the Spring or Summer.

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

?

hey guys - it's been a while, but looks like I'm getting another wheel.

it's a 251 single 12" holed back wheel - with nice original paint, original screws, and bearings, nice rubber - but someone could confirm all of this of course...

I won't have it 'till july, but here are some pics:

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

cheers,
    Fabe

Hi Fabe

Very nice wheel. Yes you are correct it is the inner wheel of the double singles, it still has the rear end of the spacer the front that has the thread for the hub cap has been cut off.

I am looking for a complete spacer for my collection. A friend a couple of weeks ago welded a reinforcement ring on one of my inner wheels. It should have been spot welded, but did not have one so was welded around the edge and ground down. I have a spacer to restore and fit to this.

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels
    Last edited by Granatwerfer; 05-30-2016 at 08:52 AM.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast