Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SdKfz 251 on a sunday morning in CA

Article about: It was a funny surprise. Sunday morning, needed to buy some copper washers and drove with my car to the main road. Stopped there to make a left turn and a semi passed by with a loaded SdKfz

Default SdKfz 251 on a sunday morning in CA

It was a funny surprise. Sunday morning, needed to buy some copper washers and drove with my car to the main road. Stopped there to make a left turn and a semi passed by with a loaded SdKfz 251 in the back ... brum brum and behind this one to take some cell phone pictures of it. Here you see them ...

Grutte Pier
    ?

Thumbs up Re: SdKfz 251 on a sunday morning in CA

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing this unexpected event, didn’t you ask the truck driver if the “thing” on the back of his truck was for sale?.

?

Default Re: SdKfz 251 on a sunday morning in CA

It is not really SdKFz 251, but rebuild from Czechoslovak OT-810...

Grutte Pier
    ?

Thumbs up Re: SdKfz 251 on a sunday morning in CA

Quote by lbsr View Post
    It is not really SdKFz 251, but rebuild from Czechoslovak OT-810...
    Really?, if so they did a very good job making it look like a proper SdKfz 251/1.

?

Hi Guys

According to the web address on the low-loader (Army Trucks Inc.) they are a supplier of vehicles to the film and TV world -interesting looking site -just had a quick glance

Cheers
    Perce

Deckarep
    ?

Hi guys, new here. Looks a lot like the real thing, I thought it was at first but it seems to have the all steel tracks without the rubber pads which I think would make it an OT. Very nice job though.

What a lucky surprise for sure! About the only thing I get to see on a flat bed are wrecks. Good for you!