Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sdkfz 251's, Kettenkrad, etc in a shed

Article about: Hi Guys, I saw these on the Czech detector web site. Detektory kovù - Šrot ve stodole – Detektor web.cz I have saved the photos for here though, just in case the link dies in the future The

Default Sdkfz 251's, Kettenkrad, etc in a shed

Hi Guys, I saw these on the Czech detector web site.

Detektory kovù - Šrot ve stodole – Detektor web.cz

I have saved the photos for here though, just in case the link dies in the future

The "251" SPW is my favourite WW2 vehicle.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sdkfz 251's, Kettenkrad, etc in a shed   Sdkfz 251's, Kettenkrad, etc in a shed  

Sdkfz 251's, Kettenkrad, etc in a shed   Sdkfz 251's, Kettenkrad, etc in a shed  

Default Re: Sdkfz 251's, Kettenkrad, etc in a shed

Final shot
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sdkfz 251's, Kettenkrad, etc in a shed  

?

Ade,
    Didn't the Czech army use the 251's post WW2 ??

I remember hearing something around those lines ...
    .. Possibly linked with the one thats always at Beltring ... I think that one may have been Yugoslav ?

Gary J

Hi Gary, yes the Czech's used these postwar and then built there own version, the OT810 which was based upon the wartime design. But these shown are WW2 examples.

The ones seen at Beltring etc are almost all, bar one original, converted OT810's made to look like "251's". I have shown my friend's converted example on the forum.

Cheers, Ade.

that is one cracking site Ade. I was out in Prague at the weekend, didn't find anything like that!

The thing is John, did you go anywhere but bars?

Cheers, Ade.

?

what about this Ade found these pics on another site ages ago but they're no longer there.

Nice post. Does anyone know the current status of these 251"s ? Are they to just rust away or any plans of restoration? I loved these half-tracks

Ty

?

well the one in the pics in my post were from a site selling war time vehicles & its no longer there so i assume someone bought it

Hi Nick, that is a Czech OT810. I am certain I saw that one marked as sold. I have driven my friends converted example. Great fun!

Hi Ty, I don't have any info on the ones in the pics sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast