Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stollen !! Bmw r75

Article about: Hello stollen in France, 14 march 2020 maching number 763175 help ! cordially Didier

?

Default Stollen !! Bmw r75

Hello

stollen in France, 14 march 2020
    maching number 763175

help !

cordially
    Didier
    Stollen !! Bmw r75

Low life bastards.

No words that I can post will begin to describe the POS's that stole the MC.
    John

Hope it's reunited with its owner soon.

I hope that the bike and his owner found together next time
    I hope for you too that the robbers dont sell it in parts
    Best wishes and good luck
    Bavarian

How do you hide something like that?

Quote by Bavarian View Post
    I hope that the bike and his owner found together next time
    I hope for you too that the robbers dont sell it in parts
    Best wishes and good luck
    Bavarian
    Sadly I doubt this will appear as a whole machine in Western Europe. If it has not been stolen to order for shipment to the "East" it will likely end up as a donor of parts. It is far easier to falsify or remove any serial numbers on a vehicle of this age than a modern machine if indeed anything other than the engine and frame numbers are recorded at all (does French registration include these?)

I could make an informed guess as to what has happened here but that would not be helpful.

I think the best one can hope for is that it was "joy riders" and that it will be found. It would almost certainly be damaged in that eventuality but that would be better than a total loss

What is the number you quote?

Please post any unique details you can and I am sure we will all keep an eye open.

Best wishes

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hi, If not taken for a joyride, then its will most likely quickly be broken up for parts, the value of a comlete R75 in parts is huge. Sorry to say.

Some ten years ago, was at a militaria meeting in Germany, one "Eastern" stallholder had a huge amount of assembled R75 parts on his stall, complete gearbox, engine, frame, mudguards, fuel tank, hubs, differential etc., etc.,, and oddly all the painted parts were of an identical tone and condition. My friend and I asked some serious questions, and pointed out the above, half an hours later, he his parts and the stall had vanished.

You have my sympathy, I also own one of these BMW's.

lennard

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Low life bastards.
    + 100

POS Bastards
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

TWS
    ?

This is terrible. Thieves are scum.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast