Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stug 40 recovery in Russia

Article about: Here's the same stug lll on display after it's been all cleaned.

Default Stug 40 recovery in Russia

Hi Guys..I just stumbled upon this on youtube. If this video has already been seen..please advise me..and I will remove it. I thought this was a great discovery and the unearthing a site to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0gopUsvzDc
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Looks like a good find!!.lol.. I am amazed the road wheels & track still move after all that time stuck in the mud... Cheers Terry.

WOW what a find.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

That is just unbelievable

Im curious how it originally was upside down in the mud with no damage. I think after they hosed off the all the mud..maube poured a lubricant and let it sit for awhile...but then again..Mud is a natural protectant. Someone had to climb into the tank through the muck and take it out of gear also. Just my thoughts
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Very interesting, thank you for sharing. I hope that the original paintjob is left as it is because the decals are still in great shape.

A well known recovery and a sad ending as documented on this forum several years ago.

Pskov Stug.How it is now!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks for posting Larry. I have spent hours watching the videos like this on you tube. I was always curious to know what happened to this one. (Ned thanks for the link) I assumed big new oil money in Russia financed the excavation so that it could reside in a collection or auctioned for profit. To sit in a public park and rot is just ridiculous. We all know these peat bogs/mires are the best natural preservation areas known to archeologists. Some of the most amazing items have been found in them dating 1000s of years old ...including animal and human remains with textiles, skins and ect. It's a shame to see things like this. It would have been better preserved left in the bog.

Thanks for posting this Larry. I have a buddy that's going to flip when he sees this.

This is one of my favorite tanks, kind of sexy like the Corvette of German tanks IMO. I would have the time of my life doing a recovery like this. If only some day....

It's a crime what it looks like now though

That condition of it is amazing thanks for the link Larry. timothy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast