Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Stug. III....Needs Repairs.

Article about: A little bit of work and it`s ready to roll.

?

Default Re: Stug. III....Needs Repairs.

Most probably the "installation" for photographer
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks big ned for posting the extra picture, definately the same guy but not seen that one before. The badly shattered leg still has its trousers and perhaps a gater?.
    I personnally don't think its posed, I wouldn't think anyone would have picked up the badly shattered and gruesome body to sling it over the gun just for a photo. With so many bombs droping in that raid, bodies would been have blown all over the place. He may have been walking beside the Stug or even in a trench/dug out near by.
    I notice there's no seam down the back of his jacket so most probably SS, but theres no arm eagle to confirm, the left sleeve is cut where it should be. The belt is also missing perhaps souvenir hunters work?
    LUCKYSTRIKE

?

The soviet propaganda do that, I saw a lot of soviet" installations", even with children killed by artillery or something like that, but described as killed by Germans.

I don't think that someone will grab the belt from the body like that, usually explosion is strip out the body
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Here is example of soviet installation
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stug. III....Needs Repairs.   Stug. III....Needs Repairs.  

Regards,
    Dimas

?

And that is the example of the matchbox showed above
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stug. III....Needs Repairs.  
    Regards,
    Dimas

Wow Dimas I love the pictures, it took me a while to spot the match box in the originals. But thats a great period go with for any collection. Heres my only period match box.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stug. III....Needs Repairs.  

?

That is Estonian made during a German occupation period, and being supply the army
    Regards,
    Dimas

gehrinh
    ?

fallen warrior...

That's a valid point you make there Lucky. It's very possible the sleeve was shredded in the blast as much as the eagle being souven ired.
    Looking at the stug's casement you can see it has been completely shattered, but it does not appear to have been caused by an internal explosion as there is no sign of fire. That leaves anear miss by a bomb, although the surrounding crops and trees suggest otherwise. That leaves an R.P. strike, which is to my mind is the most probable. What do you guys think?

Regards, Ned.

?

Maybe the crew was not in it when it was destroyed,I can`t see any other uniform or body parts inside it.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast