MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tiger Late type Cupola Hatch Lid?

Article about: I've been doing some research on the Tiger Commanders hatch lid. One thing I can't find any information on, is the cushion/pad underneath the cupola. Was the head pad, leather? Does any one

Quote by big ned View Post
    If you look closely you will see it's not a headdress, it's a bandage that's covering the nasty bump to the head I got from the unpadded hatch of my bloody Tiger tank the other day......
    Serves you right. You really should know better than taking the Tiger out for a spin without wearing your Panzerschutzmütze.

?

It seems the makers of precision models think it is padded,could they be right?......AFV Modeller :: Trumpeter Tiger 2 :: Build & info resource: Turret wiring
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    It seems the makers of precision models think it is padded,could they be right?......AFV Modeller :: Trumpeter Tiger 2 :: Build & info resource: Turret wiring
    Hi Pete, long time, no see!

The model builder does say "I also scratched three new "Atemschlauch" tubes and "padded" the commanders hatch." That could just be artistic licence on his behalf as he imagines it should be there. With the hatch opening sideways on the later cupolas, I don't see the neccessity of having a padded hatch lid, as opposed to the obvious need on the earlier upward opening one. Let's face it, one of those slamming down on your swede is gonna smart, even if it is padded! Someone here will get definitive proof either way sooner or later hopefully, but until then I remain to be convinced.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Not trying to be argumentative ol` buddy,but here`s another one to look at.....Armortek
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Not trying to be argumentative ol` buddy,but here`s another one to look at.....Armortek
    That is more convincing, the guy says he did over a years research so that's good enough, I'm no longer a doubting Thomas!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    That is more convincing, the guy says he did over a years research so that's good enough, I'm no longer a doubting Thomas!
    Does this mean you are now a Nodding Ned ?....Regards..Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Finally found this:

The Eva Project, p6, Late Kdr.s Cupola

Pictures: 196 & 201

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2