Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Tigre in Vimoutiers

Article about: Hello guys, at the end of the sixties, every time I left the pocket, I stopped at this tank. Happy days, no collectors in the place

?

Default Re: Tigre in Vimoutiers

Tigre in VimoutiersTigre in VimoutiersTigre in Vimoutiers

Here is the view back down the hill towards Vimoutiers from the top of the Turm !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Cool Re: Tigre in Vimoutiers

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Tigre in Vimoutiers
    Right - that does it........

Count to ten, and it's 88s at 100 metres !

Tigre in Vimoutiers

Last edited by Martin Bull; 07-07-2017 at 07:37 AM.

thank you for the information.

John

Quote by lithgow View Post
    guns ltd-the French army recovered as many Panthers as possible after the war, refitted them and used 2 battalions of them-they were determined to be as militarily independent as possible from the US and Britain and had no qualms about using German stuff-the air force used FW 190s, Fiesler Storchs and Junkers 52s amongst others that had been made in factories set up in France during the occupation (this meant they had access to spares as well without which equipment rapidly becomes unserviceable).
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

I like the way it looks NOW .... nicely weathering. When it was repainted that SHOCKING fresh cammo I cringed when I saw the photos but nature is softening the edges. One of the reasons this panzer survived the 1950's scrap drives was it was just too hard to retrieve ( at the time ) from the roadside ditch it had slid down and settled into ...... lucky for us today!

Thanks for showing!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

You gents in Europe are lucky since you live only a few miles form all this stuff. Im jealous :-))

Cool

Took this pic yesterday morning on the way back from my holiday in Normandy.

I always manage to find a picnic spot with a decent view of the countryside. The old girl still looks pretty good (the Tiger, I mean......luckily, this Forum is one Forum Mrs B never visits !)

Tigre in Vimoutiers

( And yes - you can get hot weather in Normandy..... )

Still has that AWFUL attempt at cammo Martin.
    I wish it looked more authentic but then the patina of 20 odd years would be gone.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Lightbulb

My wife & I sat there discussing all the 'fors and againsts' (should be in a museum, should be restored, shouldn't be out in the open etc etc etc ) but even she had to agree that it's always an imposing sight - especially as we'd just spent a week in Villers-Bocage with her listening to me going on and on and on about Wittmann.....

Anyhow, for me it's my absolute favourite WWII relic and no Normandy trip is complete without a visit. ( Now, if only I had a towbar.... )

Tigre in Vimoutiers

Looks great, have to have a visit soon indeed !

Its a shame they cant give it a moderate make over, similar to what they are doing with the Houffalize Panther

Cheers

Full Restoration and put her back on her "Stage" for the summer months.

Winter months?

Inside her own Museum please!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast