Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WH Motorcycle license plates

Article about: Hello Gent's Opinions on the license plates would be much appreciated indeed It's getting increasingly difficult to spot repros over originals these days. Thank you for your time and effort

?

Default WH Motorcycle license plates

Hello Gent's

Opinions on the license plates would be much appreciated indeed

It's getting increasingly difficult to spot repros over originals these days. Thank you for your time and effort

Regards, Lars

Default Re: WH Motorcycle license plates

Has the WL lettering been touched up on the "square" plate? Also, I don't really like the "flat" appearance of the wear/aging... to me this suggest that, if genuine, it would have been cleaned at some point and with this in mind I don't see how the stamps could have held up as well as, especially, on that rectangular license plate. Maybe they are genuine plates with some touch ups and added stamps?

I don't know much about these per se but those are my observations re. wear and aging anyway... if genuine they'd be a nice looking pair though!

some blokes will touch anything up.lol.

Hi Lars, I think they are OK. When you enlarge the pics, you can even see where the washers once sat in the corrosion around the fixing holes. I cannot imagine that level of fakery being put in place.

But I can see where Slados is coming from. At first glance they do look a bit "flat".

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Personally i think they are OK. There is no color in the chippings etc. Maybe touched up but hard to tell.

Btw the Zündapp K800 i bought will soon be in Moscow

Regards, Lars

?

Does the WL prefix mean Luftwaffe use?.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

You hit the nail Pete

Regards, Lars

Lars,

Are you allowed to register the bike for the road using those numbers? I'm in the process of getting my R12 registered in the UK and would like to obtain a WH number from the UK Licencing Officials.

Regards

Bigsie

?

It's being imported as a "cultural valuable object" and not for the road. It's because of tax issues. You can use the plates together with the modern one. I don't think the plates will fit into the Russian of British register. Don't know how it works in the UK I could use a good R12 myself LOL

Regards, Lars