Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

abandoned tank factory

Article about: abandoned tank factory . Kharkov. Ukraine Заброшенный танкоремонтный завод (34 фото) - Fishki.Net | Остальные Картинки

Default Re: abandoned tank factory

time to make tracks dave

?

I know,,,Ive been rumbled ,i just have to raise my sights a bit higher and get my gear in order

?

This show the US victory over USSR in the Cold War.
    You'll never see the pictures of the secret factory online, if USSR will alive, and I guess this tanks will take a part in service somewhere in mid-east
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Great pics and link. Only in the ex-USSR. Don't worry Dimas. Those tanks will come in handy sooner than later i am sure. I would love to spend a few housr there some time. I think i will leave my metal detector at home...

Regards, Lars

I'm trying to do the math here in terms of value of those tanks as scrap... I know that the company who buys scrap steel from our recycling facility pays ~$.15cents a pound, which equals $300 per ton...

I am not sure what tanks those are... I assume T-72s...? T-72s weigh in at ~42 tons... SO, each of those beasts is worth $12,600 based on their weight in scrap steel alone.

?

Well done Joe. Yes there is a lot of money just standing there and waiting

Regards, Lars

Nice post, ph3s

If you like these sorts of things, one day I was having a look a Google Earth around Russia and found abandoned ships in bays. They are floated into a bay and allowed to rot away. In some instances you will see a multiple ships and some ships that are on the breakline between shallow and deep water. Have a look, it's interesting that the metal couldn't be scrapped or reused in some way.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Do you have some links/coordinates? Sounds very cool.

Regards, Lars

?

I'am affraid these are not accesisible areas, normally the scraphunters even steal metal from the railways etc
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I'am affraid these are not accesisible areas, normally the scraphunters even steal metal from the railways etc
    Some even steal the rails if they can get away with it. I know this for a fact. A police offcer came to our Dacha last summer and asked if we had seen anything suspicious. Somebody have stolen the train tracks....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast