Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

abandoned tank factory

Article about: abandoned tank factory . Kharkov. Ukraine Заброшенный танкоремонтный завод (34 фото) - Fishki.Net | Остальные Картинки

?

Default Re: abandoned tank factory

All though the tank factory has been abandoned there still seems to be a fair bit of activity there as there are lots of fresh tracks on the ground .
    Hard to tell from the photos but it would appear some of the tracks may have been left from tank treads.

Regards Mark K

?

I will guess that there is some activity there. I am sure this place would have been robbed blind by now if there weren't.

?

That I do not doubt for a second Lars .Thieves will come right in to are work yard were we store are mobile equipment and cut the wiring and steel any brass or copper fittings that they can get there hands on.
    It is to the point were we have to dismantle certain pieces of equipment when we are done with it .Thieves here are like packrats if it is shiny it will disappear.

Regards Mark K

?

Damn. This also happens in the Canadian outback?

Great pics....dont tell the pikies....The white transit gang will empty that yard in a about 12min flat.....

?

I thought it's only post USSR areas
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

looks like Afghanistan.

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Damn. This also happens in the Canadian outback?
    No, in big cities too- thieves steal copper wire from houses that are being built, they've even taken bronze memorial plaques from a cemetery in at least one case. Copper's price keeps increasing but I'd never have thought it was worth enough for this kind of nonsense.

I really wonder if those tanks are still servicable- they look like they've been there for years and I wouldn't be surprised if without at least the most basic preventative maintenance, important bits are rusting and would make them tough to get going again before long...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Quote by Matt L View Post
    No, in big cities too- thieves steal copper wire from houses that are being built, they've even taken bronze memorial plaques from a cemetery in at least one case. Copper's price keeps increasing but I'd never have thought it was worth enough for this kind of nonsense.

I really wonder if those tanks are still servicable- they look like they've been there for years and I wouldn't be surprised if without at least the most basic preventative maintenance, important bits are rusting and would make them tough to get going again before long...
    Oh yes. Not long ago some "Romanians" stripped a whole cemetery of copper in Copenhagen (My hometown). Tombstone letters, chains plates, etc. The scrap dealer of course turned them in to the Police.

These old tank factories are not totally abandoned, but i am sure it will take quite some work to get the tanks fully operational.

Regards, Lars

?

A good part of the equipment and supplies we use in are business ( water well drilling )is either manufactured with brass stainless steel and or copper and this makes us a prime target they have even tried to break in to are storage containers to steal roles of copper wire and cast brass water works fittings .

Regards Mark K

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast