Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Half of a Russian Sherman

Article about: At the "Muzeul Militar National", Bucharest. This one was recovered in 2000, from the Prut river, Moldova county, Romania.

Cip1
    ?

Default Re: Half of a Russian Sherman

I heard on a radio show in 2000 a guy an army capitain, said that the tank war recupered from the river by the army and that the army cut the tank in order to recover the engine !!. They sad that it was very dificult to put the tank out of the water and dangerous -the tank was full with 75 mm shels, all kind of shels -armor piecing, explosive etc. It is a piti that it is not compete.

Default Re: Half of a Russian Sherman

Rromanian Army... hell yeah!

Quote by Cip1 View Post
    I heard on a radio show in 2000 a guy an army capitain, said that the tank war recupered from the river by the army and that the army cut the tank in order to recover the engine !!. They sad that it was very dificult to put the tank out of the water and dangerous -the tank was full with 75 mm shels, all kind of shels -armor piecing, explosive etc. It is a piti that it is not compete.
    bull , So they cut it under the water to recover it or they cut it after them drag it out . is stupid , they sold it for scrap iron . Even from the yard of museum they steal massive iron parts . and i think they steal more than iron for selling to scrap .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2