Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

How about a T-72 in Nevada!

Article about: A friend of mine was 4 wheeling in the desert and came across 3 T-72s plus a command vehicle being used for photo recon training. This is the best shot of the bunch.

?

Default Re: How about a T-72 in Nevada!

Thats very interesting you guys! Love the history and it must be something else to drive in one?

Quote by pammy View Post
    Thats very interesting you guys! Love the history and it must be something else to drive in one?
    I wasn't getting in that thing over there, not with the gun happy fly boy's & those Apache helos, , hey, been trying to pm you, but I gotta crash, time for my meds , clear out some pm's, I will write you tomorrow. i'm gone. take care. marty

?

Ok,night night pm s empty!!

pirate94
    ?

I have heard about these from several poeple. I've been looking for years with no luck, only seen pics can't find the tanks. Can you give me a little help finding these.
    Thanks

Where do you live?

There should be 2 very nice and fully functional Sheridan's somewhere between the swamps of Georgia and Ft.Hood, Texas.
    My MOS was Armour Recon and just spending the rest of my time State side before ETS when some genius decided we should
    pack up all our stuff, vehicles and all and help train a bunch of weekend warriors that were staying drunk and enjoying 2 weeks
    away from the ball & chain. 1971/72.
    Long story short the guys working for the rail road were real jerk know it alls that didn't care if you served to keep their butts safe
    or not. When we got back there was a rail car missing along with 2 Sheridan tanks on it. Seems the rail guys at some point disconnected
    the thing but forgot this one little MULTI MILLION dollar rail flat bed.
    I was there another 7 months or so and they had not turned up yet. So good luck luck if you find them. They swim, can get air dropped and
    have a nice little missile system aboard. Change the fluids, charge the batteries and you'll be good to go.

Your metal detector should be able to pick them up.
    Rudy

pirate94
    ?

I live in Ca. Don't hold that against me. I spend lots of time in Smith Valley, and have explored outside Hawthorne, and a little of rawhide.

Quote by pirate94 View Post
    I live in Ca. Don't hold that against me. I spend lots of time in Smith Valley, and have explored outside Hawthorne, and a little of rawhide.

OK, you were very, very close to the ones pictured. In fact if you know where the Rawhide mine is you can see the T-72's from the road that takes you to the mine. They are just off to the south of the mine entrance road. Also if you travel up into Dixie Valley there are M-113`'s and Sgt Yorks all over the place.

I live in Utah, tell me how far to drive in which direction and I will gladly try to find this beast. : )

From Delta Utah take Hwy 50 west till you make it to Dixie Valley, you will come to a road labeled Bombing Range B-17 and take that south to where the road turns to dirt (about 25 miles) when the road splits take the right hand road and follow that for about 5 miles till you see the Rawhide Water Tank, the T-72s are to the south of the road within rock throwing distance.
    Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I live in Utah, tell me how far to drive in which direction and I will gladly try to find this beast. : )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2