Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Need to identify this tank.

Article about: I need to know the type of this tank I have seen on Belgrade. If anyone know please share. Thank you.

Default Need to identify this tank.

Need to identify this tank.Need to identify this tank.Need to identify this tank.
    I need to know the type of this tank I have seen on Belgrade.
    If anyone know please share.
    Thank you.

Default Re: Need to identify this tank.

Looks like T34 with a different turret?

It's a prototype 'Medium Tank A' that was a post war project in the newly formed Republic of Yugoslavia. It was basically a T-34/85 on steroids. A larger turret was installed and the hull was also enlarged. One of the prototypes had a 90mm gun from the M-47 Patton II. The frontal armour is reminiscent of the IS-6 tank. Nine models were built, two survive today, above is one of them. Further production was cancelled after contracts with the Western forces were made in the late 1950's.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

My response in real time was:

"It's a T - Thirtyfhmmm. Odd."

Props to Ned.

Quote by big ned View Post
    It's a prototype 'Medium Tank A' that was a post war project in the newly formed Republic of Yugoslavia. It was basically a T-34/85 on steroids. A larger turret was installed and the hull was also enlarged. One of the prototypes had a 90mm gun from the M-47 Patton II. The frontal armour is reminiscent of the IS-6 tank. Nine models were built, two survive today, above is one of them. Further production was cancelled after contracts with the Western forces were made in the late 1950's.

Regards, Ned.
    Thank you Ned.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post

Props to Ned.
    My reaction as well...

Quote by KradSpam View Post

Props to Ned.
    Regarding your sketch proposal !... When young I have seen a drawing (color) where a frigate rammed a U boat. View from front of the frigate already on top of the U boot near to the kiosk. The most close picture I have find is here but that drawing made from the water level was extremely realistic. It was the reason why I have read all the books of Douglas Reeman.Need to identify this tank.

Quote by sorinri View Post
    Regarding your sketch proposal !... When young I have seen a drawing (color) where a frigate rammed a U boat. View from front of the frigate already on top of the U boot near to the kiosk. The most close picture I have find is here but that drawing made from the water level was extremely realistic. It was the reason why I have read all the books of Douglas Reeman.Need to identify this tank.
    Hi mate,

If you are interested in me doing a sketch of this pic for you please send me a pm with details and we will discuss it there, I am happy to oblige but I don't want to hijack this thread for a personal deal

Edited: I didn't notice you were the thread starter actually, but we can still discuss over PM

I have long been an admirer of Andy's war art, the intensity and realism, the visual impact of the effects of war on people, the fine composition and deft use of crayons, pencils, felt tips, dried pasta shapes, pastels and gouache that he utilises is, in my opinion, on a par with John Nash or Cuthbert Orde.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need to identify this tank.  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

It's a "Banksy" ..

(In my day it was prop driven Heinkels and Messerschimts ... None of these prop-less "devils aircraft" dropping radar guided missiles).