Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Intro and my GPW

Article about: Hi Guys, I am Gerry and live in Essex,UK.-I use two other well known forums also, 1 in UK and 1 in US-using same ID. I have been inspired by Ade to join up, having been reading his jeeps his

Default Intro and my GPW

Hi Guys, I am Gerry and live in Essex,UK.-I use two other well known forums also, 1 in UK and 1 in US-using same ID.

I have been inspired by Ade to join up, having been reading his jeeps history-Fantastic. I didn't want to jump on his thread so I thought I should do my own.

I own a GPW, which I purchased in Nov'11.
    Her Chassis No. is 45602 (British restamp) and I have been tracing History as much as Poss. (anyone remember her in service please get in touch)

working BACKWARDS. The previous owner owned her approx 50 yr.s so from demob. She went through Ruddington on 1st April 1959, Having been 49YH39.
    The MOS plate she came with, details a OVERHAUL 9/52@ B269 and then a Field repair 5/56@ B398

Prior to her YH number she had been M1501237, M15***** is a number given after rebuild.
    From my inspection, I belive she has a late42 tub as although a GPW she has a glovebox with 2 ribs (and a bullet hole?)
    The Engine is a 43 willys block with a GPW head.
    she was part of QM.11424.
    At some point the back panel was replaced with flat steel and the drivers side of the tub has been changed.
    She has odd steps behind the front archs-1 gpw and 1 MB, 2 bolt holes just inside the glovebox(?) the base of the grill has filled bolt holes at the base or 6" above the bottom of 4 of the grill slat's, the pass. side inner arch had 3 footman loops at one time and both lockers have a similar pair of holes as if something went across the rear seat area.
    Give me time to load pics guys!!!

Regards Gerry

?

Default Re: Intro and my GPW

Welcome Gerry !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks Paul, sorry about long intro

Gerry

Welcome to the forum Gerry I look forward to your pics.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hi Gerry, welcome! I too love forward to seeing her.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Gerry, the code was wrong in your pics but I have edited it and added them for you.

Nice clean Jeep.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Trying again to upload.

Dash | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Gerry

seems to have worked

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Gerry, the code was wrong in your pics but I have edited it and added them for you.

Nice clean Jeep.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade- Not sure what i am doing- give me a spanner!

She is Moted and should be at W&P

Gerry