Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Jeep for investment

Article about: Hi Folks i am seriously thinking of buying a Jeep one for a bit of fun and enjoyment two has an investment, i am UK based has anyone done anything similar, i dont mind a bit of graft and fat

yeah i know, could be a can of worms, i really do not mind it is a labour of love i guess, i have seen Rossi`s jeep it is as you say a beautiful example as are many others i have seen on here like Ade`s, The Uk is quite good for spares and advice there are many dealers about, going to be a case of getting the tub off and getting my hands dirty and seeing how things shape up.
    Last edited by greatwhite; 02-15-2020 at 07:06 PM.

Looking forward to see this project progress, regards, Paul

Great project! Good luck and looking forward to seeing the progress. Cheers

Nice I'll have to get mine going again one day!! Ahh Rossie has a post war mongrel!

G503 - Everything you always wanted to know about military vehicles, the WWII military jeep and green things in general...

YouTube
    Last edited by reneblacky; 03-18-2020 at 08:39 AM. Reason: added pic

Yup, subscribed to that, the Jeep is now UK registered MXS 547, time to crack on
    ps, the price of those bloody air cleaners.
    strip started today one last look at those lights for now.
    Jeep for investment
    Last edited by greatwhite; 03-19-2020 at 04:21 PM.

The air cleaner for my Jeep cost $800 but I had to buy it. The guy selling it had removed it from my jeep many years earlier so being original to my jeep I couldn’t turn it down. I justified it by telling myself that the correct repro was going to cost be over $500 so I may as well pay the extra for the original.

Yeah i understand that, luckily i have time and will keep my eyes peeled.

Be aware there is a difference between later type G503 airfilters and those used on CJ's although they look very similar and most people won't see the difference anyway.

I was lucky my slatgrill came with its original airfilter or I would have been forced to sell (someone's) kidney!

Im sure i will pick one up somewhere, all parts including the carb horn are needed but not for a while yet.

Was that a pancake filter? That’s the reason mine was so expensive, the F marked pancakes are so bloody rare I realised I just had to do it.

Sorry that was in response to early MB but it hasn’t quoted his post.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast