Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mark V Refurbished British Tanks

Article about: look this link , fantastic pics of (Mark-V)used by russian army in the first war ! in restoration !! the Mark-V is a British tank used by United Kingdom,German Empire,United States,France,Ca

Default Re: Mark V Refurbished British Tanks

Thank for the new pics Dimas ! its a special green color

Jeep
    ?

Just one question, why are the majority of military relic vehicles on display in the soviet territories painted that terrible green? Is there some reasoning behind this or is it just a case of using government surplus paint. The vehicles would be so much better served with a more accurate paint job.

?

Quote by Jeep View Post
    Just one question, why are the majority of military relic vehicles on display in the soviet territories painted that terrible green? Is there some reasoning behind this or is it just a case of using government surplus paint. The vehicles would be so much better served with a more accurate paint job.
    i was just wondering that myself

You have to remember that times were hard in the former Soviet Union. Memorials were painted with any paint that was in stock. Matching colours was not justifiable. Indeed that kind of thing still does not happen in the West today.

The shade of green paint used on the WW1 tank is most likely accurate. Russian green paint was quite bright.

Cheers, Ade.

Jeep
    ?

Thanks Ade, so i wasn't far wrong then. Yes i do recall seeing some quite bright colors at times on examples, even as part of a multi colored cammo paint schemes. One wonders how effective that color was in allowing the tank to blend into the background at a distance as some colors are deceptively good for that even though seeming bright or glaring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2