Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Matilda

Article about: New Matildas leaving the Vulcan foundry in 1941. Vulcan village is about 6 miles from where i live!.....

Default Matilda

Matilda
    New Matildas leaving the Vulcan foundry in 1941. Vulcan village is about 6 miles from where i live!.....

Superb photo, Is the factory still there or like many has it long gone.

one in Paris, this summer
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Sadly closed and demolished!.....

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    one in Paris, this summer
    I remember reading that the Matilda never had pale blue as a camo colour, it should be pale grey!...

?

I was hoping to see the Matilda A12 at Bovington tank museum this year but its in the workshop with a broken gear box. Someone put modern gear oil in it which did no good

One at Wodonga Victoria

They were a pretty good tank, if they had been able to mount a bigger gun and be a little faster they would have been a force to be reckoned with!..

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    They were a pretty good tank, if they had been able to mount a bigger gun and be a little faster they would have been a force to be reckoned with!..
    Have a flick through these interesting pic's of captured (and sometimes modified) Matilda's, including one that was captured and then recaptured by the Aussies in the Western Desert.

Infantry "Matilda II" page 1

Use the arrows at the bottom of the page to scroll forward. Well worth a look!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Have a flick through these interesting pic's of captured (and sometimes modified) Matilda's, including one that was captured and then recaptured by the Aussies in the Western Desert.

Infantry "Matilda II" page 1

Use the arrows at the bottom of the page to scroll forward. Well worth a look!

Regards, Ned.
    Bloody good link Ned and i keep forgetting they were actually the Matilda II.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast