Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

My Jeep and it's history

Article about: Hi Jay, thanks! The Bridge Too Far quote was very apt! I thought it might be worth showing some more of the documentation I have which I mentioned in the text of my original post. Here is th

Soldiers from the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (R.E.M.E) attached to the 27th Heavy Anti-aircraft Regiment stationed at Stanley Fort, Victoria Island. The author is the second soldier from the right.

5 Army Group Royal Artillery (Anti-Aircraft) Workshop REME
    77 Heavy Anti-Aircraft Regiment RA (1)
    30 Heavy Anti-Aircraft Regiment RA (1)

(1) Under the command of 5 Army Group Royal Artillery (Anti-Aircraft)

"My father was stationed here from 1954 to 1957 with 30 HAA Regt RA, equipped with 3.7" HAA Guns. The last time I was in Delmenhorst (about 1965), the Barracks had been returned to the Germans and was used by the Luftwaffe as a training centre for the Flak and FlaRak units. I seem to remember pieces of hardware, like a Nike-Hercules, Ju87 etc being place on the grass areas near the fence, and as gate guards."

Two quotes lifted from the interweb first refering to hong kong,second BAOR Germany

Cracking story this Ade. How does it look now, i have one of these on my bucket list really need to find secure storage first.

At the moment it is in bits, awaiting a new floor being welded in. Keeping the original floor pan was no longer viable as it was getting to be patches on patches.

But some exciting news. An original photo of my Jeep in service in the 1950's has come to light!

More on this later!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade, I’m fitting a JMP front and rear floor in to my 42 GPW at the moment. There’s a few things o need to change on it but it’s not a bad replacement and I’d recommend it over a Far Eastern repro.

JMP parts seem good to me too.

Jan
    ?

What an utterly exciting and positive thread thanks for sharing this Ade!

Best,

Jan

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8