Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My Late 44 Willys Jeep

Article about: G'day All Here's my largest piece in my collection, most likely built from parts up in Queensland during the war other than that I don't know of it's history. Ford chassis, Composite tub, Wi

Default Re: My Late 44 Willys Jeep

Nice 44 Jeep!

If you ever go for a drive up to Sydney let me know I would love to see the jeep

?

Rene, nice jeep!

orig post is a year old, but i think prices have been relatively constant (although with the recession, looks like they might be coming down a bit as a ww2 jeep is "discretionary" ).

In the u.s. :
    -A parts jeep goes anywhere from 100 to 500.
    -A running jeep with lots of work needed, somewhere around 1-2k
    -Once someone started restoration, 2k-10k depending on progress made.

One other point I'd like to make.... the jeeps shipped to foreign countries were sent there for a reason, making them closer to the history we all read about. I would give up significant body parts to own an MB or GPW that has a provable provenance of participation in the war. Just about all the jeeps exported to the various theaters were left/given to the governments, so the only jeeps in the u.s. are those which never left. There are exceptions of course, but since the govt didn't track serial numbers to locations/units, its very difficult to prove them.

I'm glad to see folks overseas restoring/caring for the war jeeps. Thank you, and please show them to as many people as possible.

Quote by johnee View Post
    Rene, nice jeep!

orig post is a year old, but i think prices have been relatively constant (although with the recession, looks like they might be coming down a bit as a ww2 jeep is "discretionary" ).

In the u.s. :
    -A parts jeep goes anywhere from 100 to 500.
    -A running jeep with lots of work needed, somewhere around 1-2k
    -Once someone started restoration, 2k-10k depending on progress made.

One other point I'd like to make.... the jeeps shipped to foreign countries were sent there for a reason, making them closer to the history we all read about. I would give up significant body parts to own an MB or GPW that has a provable provenance of participation in the war. Just about all the jeeps exported to the various theaters were left/given to the governments, so the only jeeps in the u.s. are those which never left. There are exceptions of course, but since the govt didn't track serial numbers to locations/units, its very difficult to prove them.

I'm glad to see folks overseas restoring/caring for the war jeeps. Thank you, and please show them to as many people as possible.
    Cheers Mate

Should have whacked my US pile on her!?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Should have whacked my US pile on her!?
    Is that a "Gomer Pile" Rene?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Is that a "Gomer Pile" Rene?
    suppose too much junk, and this one leaks oil!!!!!

pic repost It's still in the garage

Wifey has allowed (bloody Hell) me to spend some (my) good money on this one once I can find a good local mechanic, needs work on the steering gear, transfer case etc...

Any progress, Rene.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast