Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

My new Austin Champ

Article about: Hi folks, I just joined the forum and hope to learn and share while restoring my new (to me) Austin Champ! I'm very excited to start but I have a couple of minor restorations in line before

Peter Coomaraswamy
    ?

Default My new Austin Champ

Hi folks, I just joined the forum and hope to learn and share while restoring my new (to me) Austin Champ! I'm very excited to start but I have a couple of minor restorations in line before I begin. This thing needs allot of wiring, and allot of allot of stuff so I'm not sure where to start. Any advice on a good starting point or any comments at all would be helpful.. I think..

Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I have moved your post and started a new thread for you. Photos would be most helpful if you are asking members for advice.
    The first 4 or 5 posts in this thread will explain how to post photos to your thread.
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

mpw
    ?

Hello and welcome.
    I occasionally restore old British motorcycles and can say one of the most important things is to take as many photos as possible before, whilst dismantling and during restoration. Regarding the wiring label everything before disconnecting. I'm guessing but am pretty sure an Austin Champ would have used mostly Joseph Lucas (prince of darkness) components and if you are going to restore to original then Lucas parts are readily available in the UK.
    Looking forward to seeing some photos and good luck with your project.

Mark.

they are thirsty buggers.

Service and parts manuals are good things to have.
    There's a lot of info you can glean from them.

Good luck and please post pics
    of your progress.........!
    Regards,

Steve.