Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Old Churchill?

Article about: Found this page about a abandoned tank on a village green in the south of England,i think it's a type of churchill,it's been there since the war and was used for PIAT practice. There is some

?

Default Re: Old Churchill?

Quote by dogdog47 View Post
    Hi like this one must make the time to go and look at it.
    Its a long way though.
    I have included a pick of a churchill tank makers plate i have had for years.
    cant be too many of these around.

I'd kill to get my hands on one of these plates! My late grandfather was a churchill tank commander in WW2 when 4th Btn Grenadier Guards was an armoured unit with 6 Guards Tank Brigade.

Nice tank in the middle of nowhere! Just the way I like them. Strange looking airplane. It is a pity they let it rot like that. That must have served only in the British Airforce, cause I have never seen one. Thanks for the pictures of both, Jay.

I think the plane is a naval one?
    does anyone have any ideas how to reserch the plate?
    I dont think i would ever part with it but it would be good to find out a bit more about it.
    Abdy

the plane is a naval it was use for sub hunting and marine patrol and reconisance it a fairely gannet, im helping (a very little bit) to restore one to airworthy condition down in exeter

Hey Mad, that's really awesome just getting to work around a plane like that. Good luck with it. Sorry to stray on this thread too, I can't help with the tank plate. Jay

thanks im very lucky in the respect im training to do it for a job, we are hoping to have it airworthy in 2012 sometime it will be the only one of its type that (hopefully) will be regularlly flown so look out for it at airshows around 2013 hopefully!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.