Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sherman restoration on the Isle of Wight

Article about: I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the restoration section, but seeing as how I'm not looking for any advice on the subject I thought here would be a better place. This all went o

Default Re: Sherman restoration on the Isle of Wight

don't suppose you managed to get any pics of the churchills while you were there

cheers

eddy

Quote by eddy8men View Post
    don't suppose you managed to get any pics of the churchills while you were there

cheers

eddy
    I got a couple Eddy. Here they are, and one photo of various hulks.It was quite hard to photograph the Churchill that is being restored as it was jammed in with a few others.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sherman restoration on the Isle of Wight   Sherman restoration on the Isle of Wight  

Sherman restoration on the Isle of Wight   Sherman restoration on the Isle of Wight  

thanks jim
    i just love churchills especially the mk 4 75mm shown on the first pic (i'm lucky enough to own one) although it's not restored or complete. i was wondering what the tanks on the last pic are, the one on the left is an m47 patton which was on milweb a while back for £16.5k it's the other 2 i was not sure of ,are they conqueror arv's ?

thanks

eddy

ian
    ?

yep correct conqueror armoured recovery vehicles
    there were not many made the last one i saw running was at MVEE chertsey
    in the late 70s the guys there had fitted it with chieftain tracks ,not an easy task cheers ian

nice one IOW have watched all the episodes over her eon the military channel and saved the apnther and elefant eps to my dvr nice and thoughtful of you to show us the final finish as it kinda left it hanging ... cheers mate

I don't own a churchill but i would like to what would a good one be worth?
    i do have a bit of one though if anyone could tell me where on the tank this would go that would be good it's a makers plate i should really do the home work on it and find out the history there wernt that many made so could be interesting
    Andy

i'm not sure about the value of a churchill either but i do know shermans are going for £200k and in my opinion a churchill is more tank for your money but if i had to guess i would say anywhere between £80k to £100k but like i said it's just a guess. as for the makers plate i couldn't tell you yet where it goes but when i find out i'll let you know. as for production i think they built about 5500 churchills so there are a few about still, infact if you'd like to get up close to one there are 3 churchill wrecks on feldom tank range in catterick, the range is disused and open so you could get on no problem just stick to the paths.

all the best

eddy

ian
    ?

the nearst thing to a sherman ive seen for sale is a sexton and thats going for £87000 sheers ian

Hi Eddy
    Thanks for that i live not far from there so i might pop over and have a look around
    Andy

It's really great to see these vehicles restored. Thanks for posting!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast