Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What Is It ?

Article about: This is a quiz ! ( I already know what this is...............! ) It is about 2" wide. Someone with an interest and a keen eye will probably know and guess right ! Regards, Steve.

Default What Is It ?

This is a quiz !
    ( I already know what this is...............! )

It is about 2" wide.

Someone with an interest and a keen eye will probably know and guess right !

Regards,

Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What Is It ?  

Default Re: What Is It ?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    This is a quiz !
    ( I already know what this is...............! )

It is about 2" wide.

Someone with an interest and a keen eye will probably know and guess right !

Regards,

Steve.

It's a knob from some kind of valve.......maybe from a flamethrower or something exiting like that??

CMc
    ?

I actually have no idea! If we were all trying to help you identify it we could ask you the usual gambit of questions, such as where did you find it, what was the area used for and by whom, does it have a manufacturer's marking on it etc etc, but as you know what it is and want us to guess, you'll of course not be divulging that information!

Having said that, I'd agree that it's a knob to open or close a valve, perhaps a valve for air, fuel, or some other gas or fluid. Then again, it could be to adjust something, attached to a mechanism that makes a part tilt, move or similar.

ILH
    ?

I don't know what it is either, but it ain't a valve wheel - it's threaded down the middle.

so you spin it to move it along a thread....
    It looks like cast iron, so unlikely to be my first thought elevation/windage knob off a mortar.

clamping something down -like the bit that holds your spare wheel down in your car?

I look forward to the answer, since if i found it in the UK I would 'Ocham' it as agricultural.

Sort of close guys................... !

You are on the right track.

Regards,

Steve,

Well, not a lot of replies.................... Probably not all that exciting !

It's a windshield adjusting knob from a WWII 'Canadian Military Pattern'
    Chevrolet truck with No.13 cab.

A rusted relic !

Regards, Steve.