Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WWII Tank Explosion Kills Two - Tragic!

Article about: Not sure if this is posted in the correct forum but here it is: 'A tragic day': Blast inside WWII tank kills 2 east of Bend | News - Home

I knew them also, They were at our D-day event in Oregon this year and was planning on attending our December event. Nice people and a sad loss to everyone. Will miss seeing them at our events and fighting with them. Always liked watching Steve go balls to the walls down the road with his hell cat

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    So sorry for the families and friends, as to the accident itself, i thought you had to wait a set amount of time if you had a hang fire, just to see if it would "cook" off whilst still in the breech, before attempting to take the round out, perhaps it was removed too early
    Yes, you are correct. If it was a hang fire, they apparently didn't wait long enough before they removed the round. A very tragic event for all involved...

Damn, these things aren't toys. RIP.

Very Sad, They died while doing an activity they where passionate about, I have the utmost respect for people who put themselves at risk to help educate current and future generations about history. R.I.P Guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2