Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1/200 Schlachtschiff Bismarck

Article about: A nice piece of work Redcap. Well done, and thank you for sharing it with us. Regards, Carl p.s. To anybody who wants to add that "at sea" rust spot around rivets etc, try using a

?

Default Re: 1/200 Schlachtschiff Bismarck

A nice piece of work Redcap. Well done, and thank you for sharing it with us.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. To anybody who wants to add that "at sea" rust spot around rivets etc, try using a drop of Games Workshop's ink. They do a colour which I used on U-Boat and tank models a few years ago, if I remember correctly it is called flesh ink, or bronzed flesh. Anyway, a drop of it on chains, tracks or rivets and the like really works well.

?

Scout, that's a cracking link. What a fantastic idea. Thanks for that.

Regards,

Carl

?

How long did the model take start to finish, I mean from magazine #1 to the last issues?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    How long did the model take start to finish, I mean from magazine #1 to the last issues?
    If I recall correctly, there were around 150+ issues, so thats basically three years. You can of course only go as fast as they release the parts. Where the planking of the hull is concerned you can spend many hours sanding and shaping. Sometimes on the other hand it would take only maybe 20 minutes to assemble and glue the bits with that week's issue. I reckon it took probably the equivalent of around 6 weeks worth of full time work if you added up all the odd minutes/hours here and there and gathered them into an average 40 hour week.

?

Well it's a cracking result and very well detailed in such small scale. The water effect is excellent.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

1/48th and 1/6 diorama builder here wow i can see the many hours in this model excellent work

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Well it's a cracking result and very well detailed in such small scale. The water effect is excellent.
    Thanks, glad you like it.

I suppose in reality the scale is small, but at 4ft 6 inches its still a big enough model. (and heavy !!)

The standard ship model scale these days for warships is 1/350. If you have a look at the comparison shots here of the same pieces from a 1/350 plastic kit of Bismarck, to the 1/200 scale equivalents from my Bismarck you can see just how much more detail can be packed in.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1/200 Schlachtschiff Bismarck   1/200 Schlachtschiff Bismarck  

1/200 Schlachtschiff Bismarck  

?

Im, still collecting the Lancaster parts, ive decided to collect them all first and then build, as there are many times that you have to refer back to the interior fuselage, and ive noticed that there are some sequences out of order which would make it difficult to get inside even with the help from a pair of long nosed tweezers, so im now doing the 1/16th Tiger tank and again collecting large amounts of parts so i can hit it all in one massive build off, there is method in my madness as it will be almost impossible to paint camoflage on certain parts once assembled, but its like getting presents every week and all the reference material is very useful, i was going to have a go at the BISMARK, but i didnt have enough room, saying that im waiting for the 1/16th Stuka to come out from Hatchette in this country, just have to keep the wife in the dark on that one, these models cost a small fortune over time and i wonder if its all worth it sometimes, but i enjoy the challenge

That is an amazing work.
    Fantastic.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

That is excellent Redcap! You must be very proud of the end result. And Scout, thanks for the link to the wrecked Bismarck, that was an interesting idea he had and it looks great. Now, if only someone would make a 1:100 scale version.....................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2