Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

1/6 mg42 gunner tips needed

Article about: hi guys im setting up some 1/6 figures and want some tips from the guys who are doing this longer then me, i alsways build my own figure in other scales from tamiya or revell but these 1/6 s

Default 1/6 mg42 gunner tips needed

hi guys

im setting up some 1/6 figures and want some tips from the guys who are doing this longer then me, i alsways build my own figure in other scales from tamiya or revell but these 1/6 scales are becomming a bit of an addiction

let me know an idea or what you think of the setup

remember its not done yet so the background may change later on
    things will be added soon like tank obstacles and an zeltbahn tent

i was thinking of making a real foxhole for the figure could somebody help me whit this
    thanks guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1/6 mg42 gunner tips needed   1/6 mg42 gunner tips needed  

1/6 mg42 gunner tips needed   1/6 mg42 gunner tips needed  

Default Re: 1/6 mg42 gunner tips needed

Hello,
    I'm not sure that my post will help you out as i'm not a 1/6 figures collector and not a modeler anymore, but why not place the MG42 in front of the soldier when he's in his foxhole, here he has to go out to fire the MG, risking wounds or to be killed on his way to the gun. IMO he should be able to fire from his actual location. There are plenty of period pics showing MG nest like this one. IMO put his personal fieldgear around him on the edge of the "trench", messkit, canteen or even Gasmask, ang give them patina, add two or three hand grenades....don't forget to spray some cartridge cases everywhere...
    IMO he doesn't need a K98k as a first MG shooter carried the MG only, but the handgun visible on the photo is correct. Of course the K98k could belong to another soldier, like the second shooter...
    Once finished it should be coool...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Hi, first off i would take him out of the floorboards, it doesnt look natural without a great deal of dressing, secondly the "Barricade" needs to be higher, if a gunner was to shoot from this position his upper body would be far too exposed to enemy fire, construct a purpose built dug out or firing position, one that has sandbags in a semi circle around him, have the gunner firing from either a kneeling or sitting position and have a firing angle of between 45-60 degrees, a fixed position would have an arc of fire as there would be other gunners along the line, its pretty difficult to describe how it should look or how to build it to look authentic except have a look at period photos of mg positions ,see how they are constructed and concealed re camoflage, because your MG42 has a Lafette firing platform, it would normally be used in a position that was to be held for some time so it stands to reason that personal effects would be in the position, ie water bottles, mess tins , hand grenades etc, hope this helps

?

What the others said.

Did the MG gunner actually chop up the floorboards himself to make the MG cover?
    If yes, he might be in a shed load of trouble with your missus.