Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Any plastic modelers among us?

Article about: Well the Model of the month competition for May is up on Armorama and my KV-1 is one of the Entries. I have some stiff competition though. I dont know if you need to register to see the entr

Default Re: Any plastic modelers among us?

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    I know what you mean Dan, since I came off the tools I have got rid of the shakes I used to have from using the drills. Been able to get the detail painting back.

Got a 1/48 Sd.Kfz.251 almost done, then its on to a 1/35 Hetzer with PE and after market barrel
    Love to see 'em Jase - and I've got 20 years on you so model now while you still can before the ol' body starts to pack it in
    Cheers mate!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Very nice work indeed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yeah i am a modeler. My other hobby.

?

Hi Jason,

As you will probably have gathered by now, there are quite a few of us on here who make models of one variation or another, myself included.

You have done a cracking job on the model mate, keep it up and don't be scared to show us the photo's of the finished models, even the ones showing "work in progress"!

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Cracking job!...

I used to but at my age the eyes have gone and the hands are no longer steady enough for detail work.

Very nice job. Built a couple Tigers and Panthers years back. Since the eyeballs ain't what they used to be I have acquired some diecast from Corgi and Dragon that are simply fantastic. Enjoyed building while I could though. Thanks for showing.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I will have to keep posting as I aquire new kits and finished one. Might even have to do a build log to.

Jimpy, yeah now I found a model section I realized there are quite afew modelers on the forum which is great! I joined another forum (modeling only) to do the build campaigns and stuff as well as post some finished models, but will hang here more I think

Jason

Great job on the Russian tank, Jason. The realistic aging is
    fantastic - the turret in pic 2 shows some awesome work.
    Are there competitions for plastic modeling like there is
    in wood carving.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks Steve. On some of the modeling forums they do run monthly competitions where 1st, 2nd and 3rd get a model kit, am yet to enter though and the level is pretty high.

Just to give you guys a sense of scale, here is a pic of the Kv-1 with a WW2 Soviet Order of the Red Star.

Jason
    Any plastic modelers among us?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast