Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?

Article about: G'day All Just found my old Action Man Pz wraparound at my folks place - two survivors from when I where a kid, well just survived..... you can all guess who the doll is

Default Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?

If so please show!

Here are some vintage 1960/70s bits from my collection.
    I had 11 Action men when I was a boy and a box full of equipment. It was all thrown away

I am starting to buy bits again

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?   Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?  

Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?   Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?  

Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?

Nick

Here's my GI Joe 40MM Bofors. Got it mostly for the gun.

Rick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?   Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?  

Attached Images Attached Images Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?  Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms? 

Rick, I love it

The tat is amazing! Action Man never had one, I wish he did

Thanks for showing

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Reg
    ?

Aw happy memorys!!! I wish I had my action man stuff still..there was a company reproducing some of the classic brit stuff

Action Man and friends at Modellers Loft

Not sure if they still do.

Reg

?

Reg

ActionMan is still doing the rounds, defending and expanding the Realm!
    ModelZone stocks quite a lot of it.
    I just wish that I had hung onto all my AM figures and kit, it would be worth a small fortune now!

?

When I was a kid in the 60's I had three G.I. Joes and tons of equipment. I sold most of it in the early 90's. Then I got interested in collecting it again. I started collecting G.I. Joe and Action Man stuff from the 60's & 70's. I had quite a bit but sold most of it about ten years ago. I wish I still had it.
    I'll have to see what I still have left...

Mike

I had one GI Joe I swapped from a friend and I think 15 Action men I also had a British made toy soldier Tommy Gun, the parts from memory were more detailed but I don't remember much mine was in solid green combats matching the 60's latest uniforms with an SMG and an SLR........... Oh happy days Like everyone else I sold mine and really wish I hadn't.

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    If so please show!

Here are some vintage 1960/70s bits from my collection.
    I had 11 Action men when I was a boy and a box full of equipment. It was all thrown away

I am starting to buy bits again

Nick

HaHa! Hey Nick, great!! I used to have GI Joes when a a kid in the 60's. If your age you show is correct, I am just about 5 years older than you. My Joes are the first ones that came out....are yours the early ones also? Your German Joe looks like it maybe just a bit later....late 60's? I do not think they had foreign soldiers at first....now I must also research Joes!!!!!

My 90 year old mother recently moved from our family home in Los Angeles to a retirement home. I went out to help with the move and ALL my Joe stuff was still there....intact...excellent condition, plus the jeep and trailer with gun & spotlight. (the light still works!) along with my almost complete James Bond 007 briefcase! I checked them out on ebay, and the 007 is worth a small fortune

Nice Jerry Joe Nick! Here... check this Joe out.....he is also a grenade collector like me

I have the footlocker ,and also 4 other Joes, firefighter, 2 marines, frogman .....but never got a German or Japanese Joe back then. I wish I did now. These are great items from our past. I used to wear hippie peace beads and moccasins, .....but still loved my Joes!!

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?  
    Last edited by Kilroy Was Here; 05-16-2010 at 09:48 PM.

i still have my '64 joe,footlocker full of stuff,uniforms/weapons/field gear still packaged,,,no vehicles,,,some NASA stuff,,,and my favorite,,,GI Fritz/Hans/etc,,,,

Thanks guys! Please show lots of pics

Steve, the top pic is an Action Man with painted hair from the late 1960s and the one in the FJ uniform has realistic hair and "eagle eyes" and is from the early 70s.

Like to see more of yours I love the grenade carrier

Nick

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast