Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?

Article about: G'day All Just found my old Action Man Pz wraparound at my folks place - two survivors from when I where a kid, well just survived..... you can all guess who the doll is

Default Re: Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    If so please show!

Here are some vintage 1960/70s bits from my collection.
    I had 11 Action men when I was a boy and a box full of equipment. It was all thrown away

I am starting to buy bits again

Nick
    I did as well, no GI Joe that was a fantasy figure to me. I prefered the action man stuff.
    I must still have it around somewhere.
    I still buy them when I find bits and peaces on flea markets and car boot sales .
    So no pictures today I am afraid.
    I red somewhere the prices went incredibly high, like 1000 € for the complete 16 th lancer and so....??
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

You are right! Some of the prices for the scarcer items are unbelievable!

Would like to see some of your items one day

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    Thanks guys! Please show lots of pics

Steve, the top pic is an Action Man with painted hair from the late 1960s and the one in the Fallschirmjager uniform has realistic hair and "eagle eyes" and is from the early 70s.

Like to see more of yours I love the grenade carrier

Nick
    They are not GI Joes? The first pic looked like a Joe to me.....sorry my friend, do not mean to insult AM calling him a "Fantasy" Joe.

I'll snap a few more pics of my other Joe's and gear to add to the thread

Regards, Steve

Can't claim any past GI Joes. Not sure why I didn't have one. Tons of the little plastic Army men who met their fates with firecrackers and lighter fluid and .22s. As mentioned in my earlier post, the recent acquistion of the GI Joe was for the Bofors gun, which is amongst some other scale firearm and cannon replicas. And not sure why GI Joe hated Action Man so. For those who doubt it, here's a pic released by the GI Joe spokesperson, outing Action Man.
    Attached Images Attached Images Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms? 

HaHa! Knit one.........pearl two.............

This action man looks a little like Freddie Mercury.....As a Bodybuilder

Stuka.....Joes may be a Fantasy figure to you, but..............
    Last edited by Kilroy Was Here; 05-17-2010 at 08:12 AM.

?

My understanding is that G.I. Joes were sold in the U.S. and made by Hasbro. The same action figure was sold in England as Action Man and were made by Palitoy. They both had some of the same acessories and uniforms and they each had things unique to their respective markets.
    A quick look in my basement turned up an Action Man WWII BMW made by Cherilea Toys. Here are some photos...

Best Regards,
    Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?   Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?  

Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?   Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?  

Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?  

Anybody know how Hasbro copyright protected GI Joe?
    Hint: It was literally molded in.

Quote by Slick Rick View Post
    Anybody know how Hasbro copyright protected GI Joe?
    Hint: It was literally molded in.
    If I recall (did not pay much attention to this part of Joe)
    It's molded in right above the crack of his ASS .....

What were you doing with The Joes back then that you remember soooooo well Slick Rick?? or should it be "SICK Rick"
    I hope "Slick" does not mean the way you get when you have vaseline all over

Quote by M422A1 View Post
    My understanding is that G.I. Joes were sold in the U.S. and made by Hasbro. The same action figure was sold in England as Action Man and were made by Palitoy. They both had some of the same acessories and uniforms and they each had things unique to their respective markets.
    A quick look in my basement turned up an Action Man WWII BMW made by Cherilea Toys. Here are some photos...

Best Regards,
    Mike
    Hey Mike, you're right, Thanks for this info, I never knew this. I just assumed they were all "Joes" in all the markets.

Nice sidecar set-up!!

" Action Man is an action figure boys' toy launched in Britain in 1966 by Palitoy as a licensed copy of Hasbro's American "moveable fighting man": G.I. Joe.

Action Man was originally produced and sold in the United Kingdom and Australia by Palitoy Ltd of Coalville, Leicestershire from 1966 until 1984 (Palitoy also offered sub-licenses to various toy manufacturers in various markets).

The figure and accessories was originally based on the Hasbro (US) 1964 G.I. Joe figure (for 1966–1969 production). Hasbro's GI Joe figure was patented in 1966[1] Even the specific method of attaching the appendages was patented as a "Connection For Use In Toy Figures" [2] The first Action Man figures were Action Soldier, Action Sailor and Action Pilot. All were available in the four original hair colours: Blonde, Auburn, Brown and Black. They were accompanied by outfits depicting the participants of the Second World War. "

Regards

?

Heres my last three, i had loads when i was a kid, i recently sold the afrika korp and last issue stormtrooper figures, great items guys rgds Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?  

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast