Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bayonet & Grenade

Article about: Japanese T30 bayonet & Stielhandgranate 24.

?

Default Bayonet & Grenade

Japanese T30 bayonet & Stielhandgranate 24.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet & Grenade  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Default Re: Bayonet & Grenade

Zwerge mate did you make these , cheers Raymond

?

Quote by ironcross1 View Post
    Zwerge mate did you make these , cheers Raymond
    Hi Raymond,I made them,here`s a pic of my home-made lathe with the grenade handle in production.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet & Grenade  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Hi Raymond,I made them,here`s a pic of my home-made lathe with the grenade handle in production.
    Great stuff Zwerge,
    You are an inspiration, I enjoy using a lathe and did once build one. These days I use a small modern machine with just a 12 inch bed.
    I'm a mere beginner as I'm only 60 next month. My home made one was operated with a washing machine motor and was only suitable for wood turning so for a year or two my Christmas gifts to family and friends were wooden platters, bowls, ashtrays etc! Now I like to make missing parts, (inert), for display pieces. I catalogue everything in my collection that I have made myself as such so that they can't be mistaken for the real thing.
    I would like to see some more of your work. Your lathe seems to have two motors, do you use one as a generator, or is there a special reason?
    Hope I'm not being too nosey,
    Very best wishes,
    navyman.

?

Hi Navyman,the second motor is just used as a tailstock,I was an electrician so I have extra motors laying around.If you look through this model section you can find other stuff I made.Show us some of your projects....Zwerge.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hi Navyman,the second motor is just used as a tailstock,I was an electrician so I have extra motors laying around.If you look through this model section you can find other stuff I made.Show us some of your projects....Zwerge.
    Hello Zwerge,
    Thanks for your reply. I've recently shown pics of an inert fuze mechanism I made for a Citron Foug Grenade and I expect everyone is fed up with seeing that, so here are a few pics of a WW1 trench art piece which I bought and did a little gentle restoration on so that I could use it on my desk without filling the room with paraffin fumes and black smoke! I expect I will be pilloried for interfering with a relic but I photographed every part of the operation for posterity, and it gives me great pleasure to be able to use the lamp and imagine what it must have been like for the poor fellow that picked up a part burst projectile and thought, "I could make a useful lamp out of that"............?
    I can't seem to find the page you mention which shows model making, can you direct me? It's probably somewhere right in front of me.
    I should have guessed you are an electrician, so was I. The reason I mentioned generating is because I'm an ex submariner and so was thinking of diesel/electric systems.
    Very best wishes,
    Guy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet & Grenade   Bayonet & Grenade  

Bayonet & Grenade   Bayonet & Grenade  

Bayonet & Grenade  

?

Nice job on the lamp,us sparkies have to stick together .The forum you want is the one you are posting in right now called " historical figuirines and scale models ".It is a sub forum of armour,vehicles,artillery. Pete
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Nice job on the lamp,us sparkies have to stick together .The forum you want is the one you are posting in right now called " historical figuirines and scale models ".It is a sub forum of armour,vehicles,artillery. Pete
    Thanks very much Pete,
    Somehow I had never found this part of the forum, typical matelot!
    I've been meaning to get in touch with Dave in Cornwall as I saw one of his models here not long ago. Now I know where to look for images from some very skilled modelmakers.
    I will sort out some pictures of my early efforts, not nearly up to your standards but I enjoyed making all sorts of toys for my and my friends childrens birthdays or Christmas. I particularly like scratch building using nothing but junk, old fish boxes for timber, empty cardboard tube for castle towers, drilled out used 12 bore shotgun primers with a piece of perspex rod inserted make excellent portholes for model liners. They can be illuminated from one small torch lamp with a handful of discarded fibre optic cable strands thrown away by phone engineers. Cut down EMPTY transparent disposable lighters with LED's from old video controls make very good navigation lights.
    OK I'll shut up now, thanks again for pointing me in the direction of another part of this great forum. Pictures will follow when I've got a few minutes to find and copy them.
    All best,
    Guy.

These a great pieces , very talent guys , thanks for showing your work , cheers Raymond

Japanese T30 bayonet & Stielhandgranate 24.
    Great stuff! You aught to be making some bucks$$$ with all that spare time you have on your hands Zwerge!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast