Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bronze cast early war wehrmacht infantryman, finally ready !

Article about: The figure i modelled back in jan last year i have finally got finished as a bronze cast edition of 15 . I had to take out of one foundry in Russia as the subject was not appreciated by the

Default Bronze cast early war wehrmacht infantryman, finally ready !

The figure i modelled back in jan last year i have finally got finished as a bronze cast edition of 15 . I had to take out of one foundry in Russia as the subject was not appreciated by the manager ! The helmet was cast seperately as was the rifle and base.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze cast early war wehrmacht infantryman, finally ready !   Bronze cast early war wehrmacht infantryman, finally ready !  

Bronze cast early war wehrmacht infantryman, finally ready !  

Default Re: Bronze cast early war wehrmacht infantryman, finally ready !

Hi rob,
    what a lovely bronze you have, and the time and effort it takes to sculpt them is not easy,
    I have done bronze from the lost wax process and know how long these take. Great subject and well designed, did it come from a pic or your own version ?, either way very well done, thanks for showing it.
    dave.

?

Hi Rob, yes i remember your wax model and now the final result, terrific, must admit the process took quite a while but i daresay because of the problem with the foundry, but the wait was worthwhile, whats on the cards for the next project or are you taking it easy for a while, regards dave

Thanks guys, I was posing in font a mirror last year wearing all the kit ! my salty m36 tunic and m 40 trousers with jacks that fitted at a squeeze ! Theres no substitute to info gained from life . photos help ,but are a flat image. Its easy to appecite the pull of weight on the belt using german equipment with it on ! Im moulding and casting my ww1 Tommy next , should be ready feb thanks to a foundry im using in London .

?

The 3d gestural movement is Very GOOD. You have captured an infantry grunt perfectly. Pickin em up and layin em down.
    SteveR