Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Eastern Front Diorama

Article about: Hi everyone, When I'm not reenacting, collecting or scouring flea markets and antique shops for militaria, I like to build dioramas and then photograph the results. Here are a few recent one

Default Eastern Front Diorama

Hi everyone,

When I'm not reenacting, collecting or scouring flea markets and antique shops for militaria, I like to build dioramas and then photograph the results. Here are a few recent ones I have done. The scale is all 1/72 and is mostly based on Easter Front actions using a mixture of ready-made diecast vehicles, model kits and hand painted soldiers. I then add details like rubble and then cafefully photograph the results using special backdrops. Overall, the detail is pretty good although not nearly as fine as what some of you build, but it's a good way to pass a rainy Saturday.

Cheers,
    Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eastern Front Diorama   Eastern Front Diorama  

Eastern Front Diorama   Eastern Front Diorama  

Default Re: Eastern Front Diorama

Nice job alot of work there cheers Raymond

I used to work at a paintball, comic book and hobby shop... this reminds me a lot of some of the hand painted miniatures that customers hand painted for use in various games. I have no idea what they were playing, but they had terrain features, buildings, various military units and vehicles and they played with calculators, dice, and tape measures.... Very cool!

Do you like to model your pieces after any particular units especially?

ANYWAYS! I really appreciate your attention to detail and photography skills! Keep it up!

I gotta build me some of these! I love the first pic of the Russian tanks

-Joshua

Pretty cool work! Those things aren't cheap, right?

Very nicely done. The 1:72 scale is the best to use when building Dioramas, although 1:35 is also cool.
    Good Pwny, this scale is still reasonably priced and when using Dragon kits, you get fantastic little models with loads of detail.
    Tom

BTW Tim, do you use kits for your buildings or do you scratch build?
    Tom

?

Nice work there Tim and all done in "Braille scale"
    Not meaning to be detrimental or "having a go" at you, the only thing that spoils them for me is that the free standing figures are still on their original bases. Personally, I would have either removed the figures from them or camouflaged them into the main basework.
    But, like I said before, nice work, well done mate.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Although not the same theatre of war, the same scale. I try not to go too big anymore, takes to much room.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eastern Front Diorama   Eastern Front Diorama  

Eastern Front Diorama  

Stug they all look fantastic! The Pz Kpfw IV looks fantastic!