Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Estonian SS 1st Day

Article about: I am fascinated by peoples ability to craft something like this, its amazing how , from a conception, to actually moulding something can produce such good results, you and our other Member R

Default Re: Estonian SS 1st Day

Hi Guys , hey thanks for you kind words , it can be a stressful time when it comes to parting the 2 half's and i have to admit Glen im not that much of a patience person , that reflected today when i started taking them apart i should have really waited a few more days , but lucky for me its turned out OK ,.This is not a method i use allot i usually use a liquid latex to make my molds but because this was only going to be a one off i chose this method , i will keep the pics coming as we go , thanks for your interest , cheers Raymond

I'm curious to see the next stage, While knowing nothing about this sort of thing I can only imagine you just reassemble the mold and fill'er up with molten bronze so the cast is solid? I can't imagine how you'd make it hollow in any way so if she's to be solid, she'll weigh a ton? I'm also curious to see how you smelt the bronze unless you take the cast to a foundry and get them to pour for you?

The cast is planned in concrete, a bronze cast is even more complicated then thise!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I'm curious to see the next stage, While knowing nothing about this sort of thing I can only imagine you just reassemble the mold and fill'er up with molten bronze so the cast is solid? I can't imagine how you'd make it hollow in any way so if she's to be solid, she'll weigh a ton? I'm also curious to see how you smelt the bronze unless you take the cast to a foundry and get them to pour for you?
    Hi Glenn , your pretty much onto it mate , but this one is not going to be bronze id have to sell my house to pour it in bronze , this one im doing in concrete , once done i will decide whether or not i will give it a finish with a stain that will give it that bronze colour .Casting in bronze is a bit different process, cheers Raymond

Hello guys , well its been a long time since i posted here , very long story , but iv finished my SS Estonian , will post a few pics real soon, all the best , Raymond

?

Hi Raymond.
    Good to see you back again.
    I missed your input.

I look forward to the finished product!

Can't wait for this
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Great to see you back, can't wait to see the results!

?

looks great

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast