Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

F-84 F Thunderstreak "Diavoli Rossi"

Article about: Morning everyone, here is another old "friend" of the Cold War period, it is the Republic F-84 F Thundestreak; this US aircraft entered in service in many NATO countries, within th

Default F-84 F Thunderstreak "Diavoli Rossi"

Morning everyone,
    here is another old "friend" of the Cold War period, it is the Republic F-84 F Thundestreak; this US aircraft entered in service in many NATO countries, within the MDAP program.
    What I show you is the "peaceful" variant used by Italian Air Force Acrobatic Team "Diavoli Rossi" (Red Devils) of the 6th Aerobrigata at Ghedi Air Base, at the end of 50s.
    The F-84 F was used by the Italians as attack aircraft, even with nuclear strike capability, and remained in service until 1972, along with its reconnaissance brother RF-84 F Thunderflash.
    This 1:48 scale model was made using an old assembly box with additional decals and trying to improve the cockpit details.
    In this link you can see some pictures of the real aircraft:
    Diavoli Rossi (Red Devils) Italian Air Force aerobatic team

In the last two photos I put it parked along with two other US aircraft, used in previously by the Italian Air Force: a P-51 Mustang and a P-38 Lightning.

Thanks for looking
    Roberto

F-84 F Thunderstreak "Diavoli Rossi"F-84 F Thunderstreak "Diavoli Rossi"F-84 F Thunderstreak "Diavoli Rossi"F-84 F Thunderstreak "Diavoli Rossi"F-84 F Thunderstreak "Diavoli Rossi"F-84 F Thunderstreak "Diavoli Rossi"F-84 F Thunderstreak "Diavoli Rossi"F-84 F Thunderstreak "Diavoli Rossi"F-84 F Thunderstreak "Diavoli Rossi"F-84 F Thunderstreak "Diavoli Rossi"F-84 F Thunderstreak "Diavoli Rossi"

F-84 F Thunderstreak "Diavoli Rossi"F-84 F Thunderstreak "Diavoli Rossi"

A nice model, i remember building one years ago with West German Markings!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    A nice model, i remember building one years ago with West German Markings!...
    Nice also the German F84, they used them with paint scheme "natural metal" or "two tone" (gray and green); in Italy always natural metal.

I like it.
    Well done.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Here is mine! Begian Air Force!

You can read the plane like a book!

Well done, an example with a nice camouflage livery!