Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

F4S-Phantom II VMFA-235

Article about: Hello everyone, here is another of my old 1:72 scale kit, it is a F4S Phantom II of Marine Corps, it belonged to VMFA-235 "Death Angels", tail code DB. The paint scheme is that of

It is true Phil, I did not remember this, the IAI Kfir plays the Aggressor role together with F5N!

Interesting to read that the British variant's had Rolls Royce turbofan engine's

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    We also had the J79 in a single configuration when I worked on the VMFT 401's Israeli Kfirs back in the 87-90's time frame in Yuma. It was the fastest single engine aircraft in the Navy inventory until the F16N came out..
    Attachment 995738

It was a bat out of hell fast

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I never knew the USN had used those!.....

Quote by James C View Post
    awesome scale model's Roberto and superb detailing ,the F4 was and still is a firm favorite of mine too took these picture a few month's back at RAF Cosford here in the UK Attachment 995746Attachment 995747
    Thanks james, beautiful cockpit of the 'F4K (FG1), with Rolls Royce engine was even more powerful, when I was a teenager I bought the kit, but I never had time to build it, but I keep it still.

Roberto

Quote by James C View Post
    Interesting to read that the British variant's had Rolls Royce turbofan engine's
    Interesting, BAC redesigned and built the entire rear fuselage section to fit the larger more powerful Rolls-Royce Spey turbofan!....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Interesting, BAC redesigned and built the entire rear fuselage section to fit the larger more powerful Rolls-Royce Spey turbofan!....
    If I remember correctly this cell design caused many problems and it took a long time to put in place this new aircraft.

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I never knew the USN had used those!.....
    Gunny,
    The US Navy had a 3 year contract with IAS(Israeli Aircraft Services) IAS came over with their personnel(our supervisors and managers) and also instructors to teach us in whatever field we specialized in. I was Avionics, So it covered the radios, navigational ,IFF and the fighter control radar. All the avionics was from the A4M Skyhawk, so a piece of cake for me. The Radar was an Israeli design. We were like Roberto mentioned in the Marine Adversary Program, So our pilots(Marines) flew Russian tactics and we would have squadrons from around the US and some from across the pond come here to dog fight us. . I'll just mention WE NEVER LOST!!!!

The Kfir's were there from 87-89 then we got the F5's. VMFT 401 is still an active squadron here.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Cheers for the information Phil, top man!.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2