Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Favourite model manufacturer/scale?

Article about: Just out of interest gents... 3 questions: 1. Which company is your favourite model manufacturer? 2. Why do you rate them the best? 3. What is your preferred scale?

?

Default Re: Favourite model manufacturer/scale?

Thats interesting , every time i've googled fror figures of dead or wounded Verlinden have not advertised that fact , i'm wondering if the subject is viewed as taboo among certain model companies ??

In the 'good old days' I enjoyed building 'AMT' and 'Aurora' kits.

My stepson and I built a Tamiya 1/35 'Tiger I' several years ago
    which turned out well. He then set about making a wreck of a
    Sherman tank by heating up a large nail, creating shell holes.
    Using smaller nails and pins he made explosion/shrapnel
    marks as well. The end result was quite amazing
    for a kid.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

He's learning the 'old ways' its amazing what a bit of imagination and ingenuity can produce , i remember my old Airfix planes that i would pass a thin fishing line through the prop and exit via the tail the have cotton wool smoke coming from the engine , trailing past the fuselage and back along the line behind it , you then thread another plane behind it and you have a realistic dogfight going across your bedroom ceiling ,you could also set the planes at an angle to simulate spins of turns , great stuff, there was hardly any room left on my ceiling , it used to drive my mum mad

Quote by davejb View Post
    Thats interesting , every time i've googled fror figures of dead or wounded Verlinden have not advertised that fact , i'm wondering if the subject is viewed as taboo among certain model companies ??
    Try not searching for wounded or dead.
    Here are a few if you are looking for German soldiers.
    Verlinden Online
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks Ralph , I've also been looking for 120 mm panzer crew and i ijust found some , cheers Dave

Quote by davejb View Post
    Thanks Ralph , I've also been looking for 120 mm panzer crew and i ijust found some , cheers Dave
    Glad I could help.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Well I have to agree with Adrian and afew of the others here, Tamiya is my favorite model but scale I am really liking 1:48 at the moment.

As a boy I preferred 1/72 planes, I think the larger scales, though easier to paint, I find difficult to make look right. The smaller scale seems to fit my style for some reason so when I started building again 1/48 armor seemed the right choice. If its something I really love, like the Hetzer, Tiger or Panther I will grab it in 1:35 though.

Jason

Hasegawa! For delivering quality and historical accuracy The attention to fine detail — demonstrated in the aircraft models by expertly reproduced cockpits, interiors, engines, weapon bays and even wheel bays!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Good point Nick, Hasegawa do make a good aircraft, they would have to be my no.2 choice. They also make some of the more interesting things as well as some great Japanese fighters and bombers of WW2.

Jason

I'm a bit sentimental as I spent many hours building 1/72 Airfix and Matchbox aircraft kits as a kid. My fav was a Matchbox Gloster Gladiator and a CAC Boomerang by Airfix, both in 1/72. These kits were cheap and the range plentiful which was prefect for my childhood budget during the 70's.

Cheers fella's
    Dave

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast