Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Favourite model manufacturer/scale?

Article about: Just out of interest gents... 3 questions: 1. Which company is your favourite model manufacturer? 2. Why do you rate them the best? 3. What is your preferred scale?

Default Re: Favourite model manufacturer/scale?

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    Good point Nick, Hasegawa do make a good aircraft, they would have to be my no.2 choice. They also make some of the more interesting things as well as some great Japanese fighters and bombers of WW2.

Jason
    Exactly Jason, if you are looking for a more unusual Aircraft etc Hasegawa is the place to find it

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Hasegawa!
    Gesundheit.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Personally, I've been making model kits since my late grandfather bought me my first Airfix kit when I was about 5 in the early 1960's. (It was the 00/HO scale Churchill Tank), I am now knocking 51 and still making models.

I don't have a preferred company or scale and just make whatever takes my eye at the time although I do tend towards 1/35 British and German figures from WWII.

I do have a "love" for Verlinden figures, especially the 120mm and 1/35 ones and I have also got into the MiniArt and Masterbox figures over the last few years, especially since they have become more readily available, and, for me anyway, they are "hitting the mark", especially with their recent releases of British/Allied figures and vehicles.

I also like the Fort Royal 120mm figures. They have a decent range of modern British Falklands War ones. Not cheap at around £30>£35GBP each, but great quality and moulding etc.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Some interesting replies gents, thanks - nice to hear the stories of childhood model making too.

Cheers,

Carl

Well, I risk being laughed at here, but I checked the thread title which says 'favourite' so here goes....

Like many my childhood was spent making 1/72 Airfix models. My modelling skills and patience are really poor so elsewhere I collect Corgi 1/72 diecast aircraft, I have a few Dragon 1/6 figures ( mainly German Eastern Front and Bulge ) but for AFVS ( cue derision ) I really enjoy my colelction of cheaply-acquired 1/32 21st Century Armour.

yes, yes, yes - I know. But the German vehicles especially make a very attractive display and if one gets swept off the shelf and broken - my heart won't break with it !

?

I bought this one back in 2001,I`m going to assemble it.....sometime.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Favourite model manufacturer/scale?   Favourite model manufacturer/scale?  

JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    I wouldn't hang around too long if I were you Pete....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I used to make models when i were younger, now i sadly don't have any space for such activities.
    Verlinden is my choice of poison.

?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    I think that we all have some of those "sometime" models Pete, I know I have! By the same token, I also have a lot that will never get built, purely because they are from the early 1970's and no longer in production or are "first run" models as opposed to re-issues.

regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

We used to have a toy fair local to me and you could always pick up a real oldie every so often , ive also picked up some great figures at the War and Peace show at bargain prices along with kits no longer produced

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast