Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Forgot that this was in the loft..........

Article about: Think this was made early1970s/late60s.The windscreen flips up and down and I am pretty sure it had a petrol can next to spare wheel.If any one has an idea of value or any other info I would

?

Default Forgot that this was in the loft..........

Think this was made early1970s/late60s.The windscreen flips up and down and I am pretty sure it had a petrol can next to spare wheel.If any one has an idea of value or any other info I would appreciate it.If I was shorter Id be tempted to pedal it round the garden lol

Default Re: Forgot that this was in the loft..........

Hi, it dates from the late 1950's/early 1960's. I have looked at buying one of these in the past when my Grandson was little. It should have a Jerrican on the rear panel. Made by Tri-ang.

They usually make good money in the £250 range when complete and in good condition. if you google them, there is a fair bit of info online and some recent auction prices.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Wow i actually really like it! It would probably be the closest thing i would ever own to a real one
    Thanks, Glen.

?

Cor , I had one of those as a kid in 1961,i'd almost forgot about them, my dad made a top cover for mine from a tarpauline and some metal tubing, i used to tear up and down the garden all day long in it, with a bit of restoration you could end up with a nice collectable

Hi Very nice Jeep, i can remember mine but it was earlier than yours i had mine when i was four and a half yrs old
    back in 1952/3. what a great little item to restore.
    dave.

Wonderful item, I wish I had one in my loft, all I found when I moved recently was a fake Christmas tree and some lights, after I had already got a real tree and put up our existing lights.

Really cool to see it and about the right size to take a HJ dummy!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

That is a really cool item, these models were not allowed here back then.
    Only the civillian models.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

I like it as well!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Nice little Jeep! I have a Lotus F1 myself, about the same period as your Jeep. The price depends on a few things; the brand of maker (as some are rare and some or common), the state of originality (it's better to have a rust bucket than one thats been repainted), and if its complete. Yours looks to be more or less complete with all its original wheels, only missing the jerrycan on the back, and seems to have the original painting. You can still find a replacment steering wheel as they started making them again (about 30 pounds a piece), that would increase the value a lot.
    I can't tell from the pictures what brand yours is, but this model is very populair and I've seen them go up to 800 euro's is this condition, depending on the maker. The most common ones, and cheapest ones are made by the French company MG.
    If you want to sell your little Jeep I recommand you send a email to the peddal car museum in Belgium (easy to find on google). They will give you more information, and if you want to sell they will give you a honest price.
    Hope this helps, good luck.

It's a Tria-ang Jeep, built in the '50's in Britain. Original parts are still avaidable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast