Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Grumman A6-E Intruder, VMFA (AW)-332

Article about: Goodmorning everyone, here is another of my old work, it is a Grumman A-6 E "Intruder", 1:72 scale, it belonged to: Marine All Weather Fighter Attack Squadron VMFA-332 "Moonli

Default Grumman A6-E Intruder, VMFA (AW)-332

Goodmorning everyone,
    here is another of my old work, it is a Grumman A-6 E "Intruder", 1:72 scale, it belonged to: Marine All Weather Fighter Attack Squadron VMFA-332 "Moonlighters", tail code "EA".
    The paint scheme is the classic low visibility three-tone gray used by Marines in the early 90s: FS 35237 grey blue, FS 36320 dark ghost gray and FS36375 light ghost gray.
    I armed it with:
    AGM-88 HARM anti radar missiles
    MK 20 "Rockeye" cluster bombs

I hope it is interesting.

Thanks for looking!
    Roberto

Grumman A6-E Intruder, VMFA (AW)-332Grumman A6-E Intruder, VMFA (AW)-332Grumman A6-E Intruder, VMFA (AW)-332Grumman A6-E Intruder, VMFA (AW)-332Grumman A6-E Intruder, VMFA (AW)-332Grumman A6-E Intruder, VMFA (AW)-332Grumman A6-E Intruder, VMFA (AW)-332Grumman A6-E Intruder, VMFA (AW)-332Grumman A6-E Intruder, VMFA (AW)-332Grumman A6-E Intruder, VMFA (AW)-332Grumman A6-E Intruder, VMFA (AW)-332Grumman A6-E Intruder, VMFA (AW)-332
    Last edited by OldSteel; 08-16-2016 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Add info

Great job, love the detail.

Quote by frostjs View Post
    Great job, love the detail.
    Thanks frostjs,
    welcome to the Forum!
    Last edited by OldSteel; 08-16-2016 at 01:59 PM. Reason: word correction

very nice.

?

Looks awesome Roberto.
    They (VMFA-332) have been coming to here(MCAS Yuma) for a long time to take part in the WTI(Weapons Training Instruction) I used to love hearing those A6's take off. They had some seriously loud engines. They now bring their F/A-18D out here to play at our ranges.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Looks awesome Roberto.
    They (VMFA-332) have been coming to here(MCAS Yuma) for a long time to take part in the WTI(Weapons Training Instruction) I used to love hearing those A6's take off. They had some seriously loud engines. They now bring their F/A-18D out here to play at our ranges.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks Phil,
    I'm glad you liked it, I am aware of the WTI and I guess that there is a great movement of aircraft, it will certainly be very beautiful to look for military aviation enthusiasts like me!
    I'll tell you that when I was a teenager, during the years of the Cold War, I like to follow with binoculars the A10's aircrafts based in Italy which simulate the destruction of the bridges over the Po River, in the case of an attack by the armies of the Warsaw Pact; they flew very low over my house and they were painted with dark camouflage livery "Europe 1" ..... very beautiful!, but fortunately past time!
    The F/A-18 D are excellent aircraft that does everything well, but the character and charm of aircraft as the A6 or F14 remains unbeaten in my opinion.

Cheers
    Roberto