Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Leopard II

Article about: Here is one I built about 25 years ago. When I decided to take up model building again, this was one of the pieces that I completed. When I met the fellow that painted my Panzer Crewman to r

Default Leopard II

Here is one I built about 25 years ago.
    When I decided to take up model building again, this was one of the pieces that I completed. When I met the fellow that painted my Panzer Crewman to represent my father, he kind of lit a spark that had been inside of me for some time. I decided to take up model building again and since I worked shift work at that time, it was pretty easy to find some time to do this.
    Enough rambling, I painted this in Canadian colors and didn't really research the patterns and such. I just did what I liked.
    Ralph.

Leopard II
    Leopard II
    Leopard II
    Leopard II
    Leopard II
    Leopard II
    Leopard II
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-15-2018 at 11:15 PM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Ralph, What is your masterpiece over the years? The one with the most detail and time allocation? Can you post some pics of it? I have seen your work and it is amazing.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Very cool Ralph - I used to be very in to building models as a child - mainly WW2 aircraft, and I'm thinking about picking it up again. It's the only way I'm going to get to own a Panzer III or StuG in any case.
    Nick

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Ralph, What is your masterpiece over the years? The one with the most detail and time allocation? Can you post some pics of it? I have seen your work and it is amazing.
    Thanks Kirk, I appreciate it!
    Well, that is a tough one to answer. I have made quite a few things over the years. If I go by your criteria, it would have to be the Mauser K98.

This one has probably the most time invested in it though, certainly the most money.
    Other than building the engine, (done that before), and the trans, I have done all of the body and mechanical work except for actually spraying it.
    Ralph.

Leopard II

This one also has quite a bit of time and detail.
    SD Sturmbannfuhrer
    Thanks again!

- - ------- - -

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Very cool Ralph - I used to be very in to building models as a child - mainly WW2 aircraft, and I'm thinking about picking it up again. It's the only way I'm going to get to own a Panzer III or StuG in any case.
    Nick
    Thank you Nick!
    I have a couple of planes that I did a while ago, will post them later.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A 1966 Caprice !! Lovely. Here is my 1966 Chevy 2 Super Sport you might like Ralph. Did not know you were into cars too !!
    David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Leopard II  

Quote by real steel View Post
    A 1966 Caprice !! Lovely. Here is my 1966 Chevy 2 Super Sport you might like Ralph. Did not know you were into cars too !!
    David
    Thank you David!
    I like Chevy II's as well!
    I bought the shell in 1982 for $30. and have done all of the work myself. It is a 396 car with factory air, came from California, original color.
    I didn't have many cars over my life time but those I did were special, and nice.
    1964 1/2 Mustang, 1969 Mach I, 1969 Beaumont, 1973 El Camino SS,
    Ralph.

Really nice work on the Leopard.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Really nice work on the Leopard.
    Thanks Greg!
    Ralph.