Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Milliput sculpture , Early war .Heer Infanterie

Article about: Thanks Raymond ; These i got cast and were a runner up in a V&A Museum competition here in UK. These are bronze .You can use many different chemicals and oxide pigments ,applied with hea

Default Re: Guernica, bronze cast

Thanks Raymond ;
    These i got cast and were a runner up in a V&A Museum competition here in UK. These are bronze .You can use many different chemicals and oxide pigments ,applied with heat to alter colours . A still of Penelope cruz in Captain Corellis Mandolin was the inspiration here . Shame she didnt model for me !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Milliput sculpture , Early war .Heer Infanterie  

Jan
    ?

Default Re: Milliput sculpture , Early war .Heer Infanterie

Quote by Rob truscott View Post
    Here's a piece i started January 1st and is just about done . I always find it hard to finish ! This one i modelled for reversing kit then checking against the mirror ! i got all my original kit on, M36 tunic ,trousers etc !

Most of my work i will mould then cast into Bronze at a foundry . Height 260mm.

Robert Truscott
    Somehow I would like to see this soldier as a part of a group. I honestly love your work. Can it be seen in an exhbition somewhere?

Admirably Yours

Jan

I know what you mean Jan . I did a group of 5 VI Armee lads as prisoners that ive sold several times (Bernie Ecclestone bought edition 5/9 !)
    Its just with the rifleman you see now , hes very much for the military enthusiast (like me !) and takes ages ! I started a group of Polius but never finished them .
    I really like Finnish army subjects too !
    Il keep you posted as to where to see.

Hi Rob,
    Thanks for the answer on the moulds i know the lost wax process,
    I did a small bronze for the Tate St Ives in 04, but my mould was distroyed. Your is much better with the rubber mould, your work is excellant i would like to see more of it.
    Dave.

Jan
    ?

I know what you mean Jan . I did a group of 5 VI Armee lads as prisoners that ive sold several times (Bernie Ecclestone bought edition 5/9 !)
    Its just with the rifleman you see now , hes very much for the military enthusiast (like me !) and takes ages ! I started a group of Polius but never finished them .
    I really like Finnish army subjects too !
    Il keep you posted as to where to see.
    Wonderful! Thanks alot!

Rgds Jan

lalo
    ?

... ... Another splendid figure of German WWII. Congratulations. ...

Thanks all !
    milliput is well known in UK modelling circles , its a very forgiving material, soft to model, responds to a brush with water , drys very hard so can be carved and sanded . Its a medium you can model like clay , then carve like wood ! Ideal to contrast materials like the smooth rigid lines in equipment against the delicate skin and bone or folds in cloth . Main danger is not to overdue the sanding carving - you can kill the life in the modelling . Im not trying to produce a surface to paint so its good to leave the marks of fingers etc , more interesting when cast in metal !
    My rubber moulds are long lasting as i only pour hot wax . This wax is cast into bronze at a foundry .
    in the us its advertised as mighty putty by the late billy mays not tried it having brought a stash of milliput over with me but it looks to be a good replacement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2