Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mini Luftwaffe

Article about: I have a mini Luftwaffe.I hate to admit it but i thought I had to come clean.I hope you enjoy them.They are Die-cast Franklin Mint.Really Awesome quality. 1st up Heinkel He 111

Default Re: Mini Luftwaffe

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi, exellent collection, the details are great, thanks for showing them.

As a matter of interest, my Dad was nearly killed by a JU87 in the war, it killed some of his mates and put him in hospital for just over three months.
    Dave.
    Dave , thats some interesting history , any chance of a few more details on the story , cheers Raymond

Nice collection the he 111 is one of my fav planes of ww2 im looking for a good kit of on to build anyone recomend one?

Revell make a nice 1/48 scale 111 with torpedo bomber option. You'll find one on e-bay.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks matey i shal have a look i built 1 as a young un i loveed it

Jim

Hi raymond,
    Im sorry i didnt answer you before but have just read the thread again, my dad was inthe royal artillery and helped man A.A guns and search lights. There was a raid and action going on, a ju87 was hit and came down the beam of the light and would not pull up,
    as they ran it went into the gun emplacement and killed some of the soldiers and my dad was badly wounded. He was in Woolwich
    hospital for three months and then sent to light duties in some offices as a clerk. he went back to active service when fit,
    but was wounded again during the cause of the war.
    Dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi raymond,
    Im sorry i didnt answer you before but have just read the thread again, my dad was inthe royal artillery and helped man A.A guns and search lights. There was a raid and action going on, a ju87 was hit and came down the beam of the light and would not pull up,
    as they ran it went into the gun emplacement and killed some of the soldiers and my dad was badly wounded. He was in Woolwich
    hospital for three months and then sent to light duties in some offices as a clerk. he went back to active service when fit,
    but was wounded again during the cause of the war.
    Dave.
    Thanks Dave , awesome story , not so good for your dad though , im glad he made it , one can only imagen what that would have been like to see that ju 87 comeing at ya threw that spotlight and not pulling away i surpose the poor guys that never made it left running a bit to late , thanks again mate , cheers Raymond

Hi Raymond,
    I suppsose with the speed of the plane coming down didnt leave them a lot of time to even think right, my dad survived the war but allways suffered from his back but one of them who never gave up. He was a great bloke and a good friend, but we lost him in 1972. It was his memorial day yesterday 29th, 37yrs it doesnt get easier i dont think.

Dave.

?

I love them!!!! Thank you

Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2