Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?

Article about: For a long time trying to identify this miniature bronze cannon,for which I initially thought that is Victorian miniature.It is a high quality construction field Cannon total length circa 35

Default Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?

For a long time trying to identify this miniature bronze cannon,for which I initially thought that is Victorian miniature.It is a high quality construction field Cannon total length circa 35 cm,weight circa 900 grams,diameter of the wheel circa 12 cm, width between the wheel circa 18 cm.High quality and well preserved wooden structure with quality metal fittings.Bronze has a label for which I thought that are from Louis XIV french model,although colleague resembles the Spanish marks from the end of the eighteenth century ?!?!
    I will be grateful for any additional information.
    RegardsMiniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?

?

Default Re: Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?

I like that a great deal , it needs a very slight repair which shouldnt cost much, does the barrel bore extend all the way down as there appears to be a touch hole which could mean its a working model as most of the period pieces were, im assuming the barrel is bronze and the workmanship is very good

I have to admit as well, that I have no clue on it, but the fancy design says Spanish to me. I could be wrong, of course. I do very much like it, though, and wonder was it made to sit on some officers desk? Very nice! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Very nice item! I do agree with davejb.And it could also be made as childrens toys...
    I think the wood is wallnut, and see "fleur de lys" ornaments , what would point to be a French item.
    Could you make better pictures of the coat of arms(cartouche) on the barrel, that might give us a better idea.It seems there a 3 different ornaments.
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?Thank you all for comment's and opinion's.I will add more detailed pic's of label's etc.I think it's made to be functional miniature?!
    Regards

No shooting cannons at the Neighbors house now! William
    William

Sorry William,but I have not understood your message?

lol You had said it was a Functional miniature....I was merely cautioning you against annoying your neighbors by testing it on the side of their house,is all..people get kinda grumpy about such things...lol William
    William

William,
    neighbors have long avoided me,especially when they see me with some dagger blade or similar.Here is already past midnight,so I'm going to sleep in the interest of good neighborly relations!

Quote by antiques and hobby View Post
    Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?Miniature bronze field cannon - XVIII or XIX century ?Thank you all for comment's and opinion's.I will add more detailed pic's of label's etc.I think it's made to be functional miniature?!
    Regards
    Thanks for the detail pictures, but they do not look like crest of arms, just fantasy decoration.
    That would make me lean more to the children toys theory.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris