Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My 1/35 Tamya sd.kfz. 251

Article about: Hi. This is my attempt at model making. However, im not very skilled in these hobbies, i doubt it would as good as most models shown here. Cheers. Nuno

Default My 1/35 Tamya sd.kfz. 251

Hi.
    This is my attempt at model making.
    However, im not very skilled in these hobbies, i doubt it would as good as most models shown here.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 1/35 Tamya sd.kfz. 251   My 1/35 Tamya sd.kfz. 251  

Default Re: My 1/35 Tamya sd.kfz. 251

More.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 1/35 Tamya sd.kfz. 251   My 1/35 Tamya sd.kfz. 251  

My 1/35 Tamya sd.kfz. 251  

Hey Nuno!

Just like our other hobby, these things take time! Everybody starts somewhere, and you learn things along the way. You've done a great job on your first model and if you keep at it, you'll continue to develop new skills and such.

One tip I could give would be to use Tamiya spray cans to coat your models large surfaces, it gives it a nice even coat.

To create shadows, you could water that black paint down and paint it into the cracks, you could then start mixing brown paint and water to paint some rust and dirt into the tracks and the wheels, also into the hinges and other surfaces.

See how your going after this, if you're feeling confident, mix up some of that grey with some white to make a lighter grey tone, then very finely go iver the edges of the half-track, creating highlights!

Look up a technique know as 'dry-brushing', it is an extremely helpful technique to master and can enhance your model greatly..

Again, good job, Nuno!

Looking forward to seeing any more progress and future work!

Josh

Hi Nuno, this is my fave vehicle!

I am just a bit worried on the choice of colour? I think Dunklegelb (tan yellow) would be better? These vehicles did not enter service until July 1943. I cannot recall ever seeing one in Panzer grey? The colour change came in on 18th Feb 1943. I know that due to paint shortages very late in the war that some vehicles were finished in Pz grey.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

This is an amazing hobby. It can seem so basic at times, and then as your skills grow it can be so in depth and detailed that you get really into every little aspect of it. Iv been doing this since I was a kid, specifically in Military models due to my interest. I can tell you a great way to start if your interested is to subscribe to "Fine Scale Modeler" magazine. They have really good articles with tips and tricks for everything you could want to know. As your skills and interest grow as well having fine scale in Library form lets you go back to a topic when it may come up. I value all the small things iv learned from it. They do have a website as well, check it out, you may find it very interesting for what your doing. Have Fun

Garret

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Nuno, this is my fave vehicle!

I am just a bit worried on the choice of colour? I think Dunklegelb (tan yellow) would be better? These vehicles did not enter service until July 1943. I cannot recall ever seeing one in Panzer grey? The colour change came in on 18th Feb 1943. I know that due to paint shortages very late in the war that some vehicles were finished in Pz grey.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade, Late war pz grey was my initial idea.
    Knowing that some vehicles went to service with that paint scheme, maybe some of these also did?
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Sounds good

I look forwards to seeing more
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Looking good. I love the 251 too. It would be nice (but expensive) to build up a collection of all the variants.

?

Here you go Nuno, this is my take on the same kit as you're building for reference if needed.......

My 1/35 Tamya sd.kfz. 251   My 1/35 Tamya sd.kfz. 251  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

That is outstanding Adrian.
    Im afraid, i lack the talent to make something like yours.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast