Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My 1/35 Tamya sd.kfz. 251

Article about: Hi. This is my attempt at model making. However, im not very skilled in these hobbies, i doubt it would as good as most models shown here. Cheers. Nuno

Default Re: My 1/35 Tamya sd.kfz. 251

It currently looks like this.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 1/35 Tamya sd.kfz. 251   My 1/35 Tamya sd.kfz. 251  

My 1/35 Tamya sd.kfz. 251   My 1/35 Tamya sd.kfz. 251  

?

I would paint over the tyres with a matt black and I suspect it's too late, paint the tyres on the rest of the wheels before assembly. In fact I paint almost all of the pieces before I assemble them. I would also change the interior seat cushions to Tamiya's red brown colour.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I would paint over the tyres with a matt black and I suspect it's too late, paint the tyres on the rest of the wheels before assembly. In fact I paint almost all of the pieces before I assemble them. I would also change the interior seat cushions to Tamiya's red brown colour.
    The front wheels came out too shiny, matt paint would be better, and my hands were shaking quite badly when i did it.
    The rest was painted before assembly.

?

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    That is outstanding Adrian.
    Im afraid, i lack the talent to make something like yours.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Hi Nuno,
    Keep at it mate, you will get there sooner or later, we all have to start somewhere. Dont be scared to ask for help or idea's/suggestions etc, we will help where we can.
    Personally, I've got some photos of some of my model figures posted somewhere on the model making forum side of WRF, as have quite a few of us.

@Adrian: Nice looking model there mate.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Looking good so far Nuno. I paint most intereior parts before assembly, but the main body always gets painted when it is completely built. I find this much easier.
    You don't need much talent to make these models look good, you only need to learn some techniques, such as washes and dry brushing. Those two alone enhance a finish tremendously.
    Tom

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I would paint over the tyres with a matt black.
    @Adrian:
    Personally, I tend to paint tyres, and rubber rimmed wheels in general, a very dark shade of grey,shade them with black and drybrush them a couple of shades lighter grey.

Regards etc

Ian D

aka: jIMPY

I agree with Ian. Black is far too dark for tyres in this scale. As far as the tracks go, a nice rusty brown colour, minimal drybrushing with a bit of silver mixed with some black and a touch of dark grey on the rubber pads. If you have an airbrush you can overspray the lower chassis and wheels with a nice light tan for a dusty look. Experiment on the sprues to see how different techniques look.
    Waiting to see the finished product. Many of my first models were entirely brush painted.
    Tom

Nice model Adrian. What did you use for the foliage?
    Tom

?

Good advice there from Ian and Tom, thank you for the comments too! The foliage is just ordinary moss pulled off a tree trunk. It looks ok from a distance but doesn't stand up to close scrutiny.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I dont know if any of you have tried this before, provided all wheels work plus tracks etc, take a piece of flat cardboard or wood, cover it with a wet mud solution and run the wheels through the mud, let it dry and if need be take a paint brush and gently take away the excess , you're left with authentic dirt covered wheels and tracks, you can also seal the dirt on by a gentle spray of flat sealer, this saves you from actually painting mud colours on, if the wheels are fixed, paint the mud on and follow up with the other processes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast