Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

My Deutsches U Boot U99

Article about: Hi everyone This is my first post on the Historical figurines ans scale models. Scale modeling was my first hobby (still is a hobby of mine) and was responsible for starting collecting and &

JMM
    ?

Default My Deutsches U Boot U99

Hi everyone

This is my first post on the Historical figurines ans scale models. Scale modeling was my first hobby (still is a hobby of mine) and was responsible for starting collecting and "sent" me to other interests and hobbys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Deutsches U Boot U99   My Deutsches U Boot U99  

My Deutsches U Boot U99   My Deutsches U Boot U99  

My Deutsches U Boot U99   My Deutsches U Boot U99  

Default Re: My Deutsches U Boot U99

Hi Jmm,
    Nice UBoat, i did the same model way back in the nineties when i was quite ill, i still have it here, thanks for showing it.
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Deutsches U Boot U99   My Deutsches U Boot U99  

My Deutsches U Boot U99  

?

Very nicely made.
    Really like the restrained artificial wear.
    Dont think the submerged V1 nor the Six shooter were standard for TR subs though

JMM
    ?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Jmm,
    Nice UBoat, i did the same model way back in the nineties when i was quite ill, i still have it here, thanks for showing it.
    Dave.
    Hello Dave

Thank you. Glad you liked it and thanks for posting yours - nice final touch and nice display.
    There's someting special about this UBOOT's!

Hi Scout,
    you are right the V1 and the gun are odd, but somewhere to store them,lol the piece of wood the sub is on came from a ship wreck four miles from where i live. So i thought it would be good to use on the sub, just for information there are five german Uboats that were sunk after serender about five miles out of Falmouth harbour here in cornwall.
    Great place for fishing,lol.
    dave.

?

The wood from a ship wreck in use as a base for a sub model just adds another dimension to it IMO and is a great idea.

Without me getting sentimental you have then somehow connected a well made but inherently 'soulless' plastic model to the sea ... and the past. Well done that man.

BTW I like the sub in the OP as well of course and for the same reasons. The artificial patina adds a little something and certainly makes it look more realistic.

Speaking of patina; I went to see the U-505. WOW! Heartily recommended. Simply amazing to see it and be able to take a tour.

Museum of Science and Industry | What's Here | Exhibits | U-505

Hi Scout,
    thanks for the link it is a great museum to go to i should think, we have a type nine in liverpool that people can go to and look around. but i havent been there to see it, The ship wreck i spoke of was the Cesil Japan, it was a cargo ship carrying hard woods. It went aground four miles from where i live and had a crew from the Filapenos on it, they got all off by chopper but one fell back into the water and drowned. It was one hell of a storm that night, we went down in the morning to see the ship and the cargo was everywhere. It even washed up seven miles up the coast and people was taking the wood. The piece i have was a smashed piece on the rocks so i brought it home. the ship has now sunk into the sand and vanished but we walk there quite often and i remember the morning of looking for the crew member.
    Regards Dave.
    Last edited by Panzer 3; 03-16-2012 at 03:37 PM.

?

Yes, that sort of thing would stay with you for a long time ....

Liverpool!!?? Do NOT get me started on the U-534!!!

I can not believe it went to England and that is could not have stayed nearer to where it was raised in Denmark.

Too bad, that the guy (Ree) who funded the raising of the U-534 pretty much lost interest in it after discovering that there was no huge TR treasure inside.

To add insult to injury, it was then chopped up into several sections (yeah, yeah, I know; its easier for the public to get a peek inside now. Well, the 505 is complete and didnt need to get chopped up in order for the public to even take tours of it. I know there is a vast difference between conditions of the two boats, but still).

I went and saw the U-534 in all its (rusted and depth charged dented) splendor just prior to it leaving Denmark and it was a fantastic sight to see.

Hi Scout,
    I know how you feel about it, the same was said here, but i think they have moved it again since, it,s a shame no one has ever taken it over and kept it as it was. i have never been to see it as it,s quite away from where i am and a long drive. Im glad you saw it as it was in original form not many can say that, But yes the U-534, is a tragic tale to tell and an unloved boat i think.
    Dave.

?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Scout,
    I know how you feel about it, the same was said here, but i think they have moved it again since, it,s a shame no one has ever taken it over and kept it as it was. i have never been to see it as it,s quite away from where i am and a long drive. Im glad you saw it as it was in original form not many can say that, But yes the U-534, is a tragic tale to tell and an unloved boat i think.
    Dave.
    Indeed.