Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My grandfather's tank destroyer

Article about: My son who is 12 is getting into modeling which makes me happy as I enjoyed the wonderful hobby as a youth. And as I started helping him I wondered why I ever stopped. We'll after an absents

Default My grandfather's tank destroyer

My son who is 12 is getting into modeling which makes me happy as I enjoyed the wonderful hobby as a youth. And as I started helping him I wondered why I ever stopped. We'll after an absents of 30 years here is an attempt at making a 1/35 of my grandfathers TD including the 644th lettering and company C. I am not finished with it but wanted to show it anyways. I know it is not the best but it is a start. I hope you enjoy it is a honor to be having this much fun with my son.
    Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My grandfather's tank destroyer   My grandfather's tank destroyer  

My grandfather's tank destroyer   My grandfather's tank destroyer  

My grandfather's tank destroyer  
    Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 07-03-2014 at 04:33 PM.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Great job

?

Nice work
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

MAP
    ?

Damn that nice. I wouldnt have the patience to detail something so well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Excellent 'lived in' look!

Guys, I truly thank you for the kind words I am a amateur at the lowest point. When I was a kid my parents would buy me a model when we could afford one and paint was limited to black,red and white. The thought of a spray gun was a dream. I still do not have a spray gun but I can buy the spray cans which works out great. The chipping was done with the salt tech. Which I tried for the first time. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Guys, I truly thank you for the kind words I am a amateur at the lowest point. When I was a kid my parents would buy me a model when we could afford one and paint was limited to black,red and white. The thought of a spray gun was a dream. I still do not have a spray gun but I can buy the spray cans which works out great. The chipping was done with the salt tech. Which I tried for the first time. Marty
    Yeah, getting a small bottle of Testors brand paint as a kid was big treat and a miricle if it was olive drab or flesh colored!!!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great job. Don't sell yourself short.

Indeed! This is great work! Well done.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi TD, i agree with all the others, you have certainly done a great job.

Regards SK

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast