Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

my 'Lady Be Good' diorama - B24 Liberator

Article about: by StefanM I lived in Libya between 1962 and 1967 and there was a lot of this WW2 "junk" lying around in the desert at almost every turn. A friend of my late father's shipped a tot

actually there was a body found in the desert befoer the wreck and people are beginning to think it was the one man that some people assume wasn't found and when they did find the wreck it wasn't far from the wreck its self

?

Yes, supposedly of small slim stature and being written off as a member of the local population.

Of course a body in the desert would suffer dessication in short order.

There is a not too pleasent pic of a body supposedly that of the missing crew man on the web, as one of those finding him had a borrowed camera along.

Hi Dan,
    Good diarama you have we can see the work gone into it, and so much like the photo,s to I have my first art commision of this year to do very soon, it is of the B24 Diana Mite she went down in a collision over Germany. I have to draw the impact at the time so im looking forward to that. thanks for showing your diarama.
    Dave.

?

I remember there was a film about the crash, and finding a flask of orange juice.

Great model, i wanted to build one just like it. i built the plane but it didnt fly very well out of the upstairs window to the 'crash site' and brokeup on impact and was thrown away.

Paul

Great job on that model!

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    and theres still 1 man missing.
    This story is the inspiration for one of the best TWILIGHT ZONE episodes ever.

Great tribute to this unfortunate rookie crew. Jim G.

King Nine will not return!

Well done, thanks for sharing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3